Quran 20:129-135 Good for you!

seekeroftruth

Quran 20:129. Were it not for a word that issued from your Lord, the inevitable would have happened, but there is an appointed term.
130. So bear patiently what they say, and celebrate the praises of your Lord before the rising of the sun, and before its setting. And during the hours of the night glorify Him, and at the borders of the day, that you may be satisfied.
131. And do not extend your glance towards what We have given some classes of them to enjoy—the splendor of the life of this world—that We may test them thereby. Your Lord’s provision is better, and more lasting.
132. And exhort your people to pray, and patiently adhere to it. We ask of you no sustenance, but it is We who sustain you. The good ending is that for righteousness.
133. And they say, “Why does he not bring us a miracle from his Lord?” Were they not given enough miracles in the former scriptures?
134. Had We destroyed them with a punishment before him, they would have said, “Our Lord, if only You had sent us a messenger, we would have followed Your revelations before we were humiliated and disgraced.”
135. Say, “Everybody is waiting, so wait. You will know who the people of the straight path are, and who is rightly-guided.

And the commentary says.....

The Holy Prophet, while told to bear persecutions patiently for a time, is also told to seek comfort in prayer. Hence the injunction to bear patiently is at once followed by an injunction to pray. And he did find comfort in prayer under the severest persecutions. “The coolness of my eyes is in prayer,” he is reported to have said. This verse speaks of the five obligatory prayers and the two optional ones. Before the rising of the sun is the dawn prayer, before its setting the ‘a©r prayer. Three prayers, the maghrib, the ‘ishå’ and the tahajjud (the last named being optional), occur during the hours of the night, while during parts of the day are the ˚uhr and the ˙u√å, the latter again being optional, being a short prayer in the early forenoon.​
The Holy Qur’ån is here called a clear evidence of what is contained in the previous Books, because it fulfils their prophecies and corroborates their truth.​

My son-in-law is a really really good cook. He went way overboard with yesterday's meal. It was wonderful until the end.... when stone cold sober.... I tripped over a little corner of the coffee table and did a face plant in the floor, hitting the TV stand on the way down. I'm glad I didn't pull the TV down with me... it is one of those big ones.... it would have freaked everyone else out even more than they were when they saw what I had done! I'm more at a risk for falls now that I have lost the use of my right eye.

Last night I didn't sleep well.... you know... the aches and pains of a faceplant along with the normal aches and pains of being 71.... can keep a girl up at night. I spent a lot of time in prayer about nagging thoughts. I went to sleep worrying about one of my children and woke up the last time thanking God for clearing up my thoughts on the topic. But that's not the kind of prayer these verses are talking about.

These verses are more about.... stay in your lane.... say your prayers.... stay in that one on one relationship you have with God. Don't have one.... start one. These verses remind us that God is what is more important than anyone or anything in our lives. Through prayer.... we can talk to God about what is going on and He will clear things up. We can and should understand what God is doing in our lives and the lives of those around us. That is quite a gift when you are old and aching.

Prayer is talking to God. Devotion is learning more about God. Faith is waiting on God's answer.

These verses are about talking to God and how important it is.

Prayer will keep your mind off of bumps and bruises.

Prayer will help you talk out your problems.

Prayer.... is good for you!

☕