Quran 20:76-89 A golden calf whistle!

seekeroftruth

Quran 20:76. The Gardens of Perpetuity, beneath which rivers flow, dwelling therein forever. That is the reward for him who purifies himself.
77. And We inspired Moses: “Travel by night with My servants, and strike for them a dry path across the sea, not fearing being overtaken, nor worrying.”
78. Pharaoh pursued them with his troops, but the sea overwhelmed them, and completely engulfed them.
79. Pharaoh misled his people, and did not guide them.
80. O Children of Israel! We have delivered you from your enemy, and promised you by the right side of the Mount, and sent down to you manna and quails.
81. Eat of the good things We have provided for you, but do not be excessive therein, lest My wrath descends upon you. He upon whom My wrath descends has fallen.
82. And I am Forgiving towards him who repents, believes, acts righteously, and then remains guided.
83. “And what made you rush ahead of your people, O Moses?”
84. He said, “They are following in my footsteps; and I hurried on to You, my Lord, that you may be pleased.”
85. He said, “We have tested your people in your absence, and the Samarian misled them.”
86. So Moses returned to his people, angry and disappointed. He said, “O my people, did your Lord not promise you a good promise? Was the time too long for you? Or did you want wrath from your Lord to descend upon you, so you broke your promise to me?”
87. They said, “We did not break our promise to you by our choice, but we were made to carry loads of the people’s ornaments, and we cast them in. That was what the Samarian suggested.”
88. So he produced for them a calf—a mere body which lowed. And they said, “This is your god, and the god of Moses, but he has forgotten.”
89. Did they not see that it cannot return a word to them, and has no power to harm them or benefit them?

And this is the commentary.

This shows that there was at that time a dry path in the sea; see 2:50a.​
The verse shows that some person other than Aaron was responsible for making the calf. From Rabbinical literature (see Jewish En., Art. “Calf”) it appears that the Egyptians who had come with the Israelites were foremost in demanding the making of the calf. And ‘A∆å’ held on the authority of I‘Ab that he was an Egyptian who believed in Moses and came along with the Israelites. The opinion that he was of a people who worshipped the cow is also traceable to I‘Ab (Rz).​
The Israelites may have borrowed ornaments from the Egyptians as stated in Exod. 12:35, and the reference may here be to those ornaments, or the significance may simply be that the nomadic tribes of Israel, who were unaccustomed to these things, had imbibed these habits from the Egyptians, and now gave up those ornaments at the suggestion of the Såmirß. The reply of the people states clearly they had not done the thing of their own accord, and hence the reference in the concluding words is to the suggestions cast into the minds of the people by the Såmirß. And you say, alqå-hu ‘alai-hi, meaning he put it into his mind, or he suggested it (LL).​
According to I‘Ab, it had neither a voice nor a soul, but it was only a sound produced by the air passing through the hollow metal of which it was made.​
The argument made use of in this verse shows that God not only listens to prayers but also gives a reply to His true worshippers when they pray to Him.

Just so you know... this is Quran 2:50.

And recall that We parted the sea for you, so We saved you, and We drowned the people of Pharaoh as you looked on. "

Here I've been blaming Moses' brother Aaron my whole life. I thought Aaron was a wimp for not keeping the descendants of Israel in the right attitude.

Aaron was the mouthpiece of Moses. He was like the "VP". When Moses was gone.... up on the mountain in prayer with God.... it was Aaron who was in charge.

In the Bible, I don't think there is any talk of the calf lowing. Isn't that interesting.... they made it so it would make sound.... isn't that interesting.

That calf reminds me of all the fake preachers, priests, rabbis, and teachers. They are just wind blowing through a hollow life.

Isn't it interesting that even a metal calf will "testify". That's what it was doing.... it was testifying to it's inability. It couldn't even decide what to say or when to say it. It's interesting that God produced the air the golden calf used to make that noise! God is in everything... right?

Oh I get it.... it was a giant whistle or horn!

They were worshipping a golden whistle or horn!

Wow.... a golden calf whistle!

☕