Quran 3: In the name of God, the Gracious, the Merciful.
1. Alif, Lam, Meem.
2. God, there is no god but He, the Living, the Eternal.
3. He sent down to you the Book with the Truth, confirming what came before it; and He sent down the Torah and the Gospel.
4. Aforetime, as guidance for mankind; and He sent down the Criterion. Those who have rejected God’s signs will have a severe punishment. God is Mighty, Able to take revenge.
5. Nothing is hidden from God, on earth or in the heaven.
6. It is He who forms you in the wombs as He wills. There is no god except He, the Almighty, the Wise.
7. It is He who revealed to you the Book. Some of its verses are definitive; they are the foundation of the Book, and others are unspecific. As for those in whose hearts is deviation, they follow the unspecific part, seeking dissent, and seeking to derive an interpretation. But none knows its interpretation except God and those firmly rooted in knowledge say, “We believe in it; all is from our Lord.” But none recollects except those with understanding.
8. “Our Lord, do not cause our hearts to swerve after You have guided us, and bestow on us mercy from Your presence; You are the Giver.”
9. “Our Lord, You will gather the people for a Day in which there is no doubt.” God will never break His promise.
Well, I'm in the third chapter of the Quran. It is called "Family of Imran". According to the commentary... Imran was the father of Moses and Aaron. In the Bible his name is spelled with an A instead of an I.... so Christians and Jews would call him Amran and in the Quran... it's Imran.
According to the commentary, these first nine verses have to do with the interpretation. According to the commentary.... everliving and self subsisting are two descriptions of God that show Jesus was only a prophet. Apparently the Quran was written while the Christian Church had gone corrupt in the 7th century.... and the Quran came into being. So the problems in the Christian Church caused the Quran?
Now the Muslims have no real problem with the Torah.... apparently.... we all think there is only one God. The Muslims do not include the whole Old Testament... because the prophets in the Old Testament did a lot of talk about Jesus as well as the "Day" [Judgement]. According to the commentary.... they don't accept most of the New Testament. They are ok with the Gospels..... well not Matthew's.... but the rest of the New Testament is hogwash to them.
In other words... they say.... here... "if you study the Quran.... you will see our interpretation of the Book is true".
Actually.... I think.... studying the Bible.... from the beginning to the end shows Jesus had to be the Son of God. But I concede.... the actions of the Christian Church can [have and do] grow so corrupt.... it's embarrassing..... and God should never allow Himself to be embarrassed by Believers. So... I see where the Muslims are coming from.
How could such a corrupt bunch of moronic, ignorant, humans be the shining example for the existence of the true Son of God?
I think I believe in a kinder God.... a God who knows how our individual story goes.... and a God who is willing to nudge us back on to the path as we go along. God knew who would choose to Believe.... while they were still in the womb.