Quran 3:118-129 God Intervenes

seekeroftruth

Quran 3:118. O you who believe! Do not befriend outsiders who never cease to wish you harm. They love to see you suffer. Hatred has already appeared from their mouths, but what their hearts conceal is worse. We have made the messages clear for you, if you understand.
119. There you are, you love them, but they do not love you, and you believe in the entire scripture. And when they meet you, they say, “We believe;” but when they are alone, they bite their fingers in rage at you. Say, “Die in your rage; God knows what is within the hearts.
120. If something good happens to you, it upsets them; but if something bad befalls you, they rejoice at it. But if you persevere and maintain righteousness, their schemes will not harm you at all. God comprehends what they do.
121. Remember when you left your home in the morning, to assign battle-positions for the believers. God is Hearing and Knowing.
122. When two groups among you almost faltered, but God was their Protector. So in God let the believers put their trust.
123. God had given you victory at Badr, when you were weak. So fear God, that you may be thankful.
124. When you said to the believers, “Is it not enough for you that your Lord has reinforced you with three thousand angels, sent down?”
125. It is; but if you persevere and remain cautious, and they attack you suddenly, your Lord will reinforce you with five thousand angels, well trained.
126. God made it but a message of hope for you, and to reassure your hearts thereby. Victory comes only from God the Almighty, the Wise.

127. He thus cuts off a section of those who disbelieved, or subdues them, so they retreat disappointed.
128. It is no concern of yours whether He redeems them or punishes them. They are wrongdoers.
129. To God belongs everything in the heavens and the earth. He forgives whom He wills, and He punishes whom He wills. God is Most Forgiving, Most Merciful.
This is about a war.... but the last couple verses kind of sums up what I figure survivors of the End Times will see.

According to the commentary, the Muslims were severely outnumbered and their enemies wanted to wipe them out. They were surrounded..... there was no way out.... but the guys who had been ordered to guard against their escape decided on their own they were needed elsewhere and let the Muslims out. Later, the Muslims would come back and finish the battle. The Muslims say God had His Angels on the battlefield working for the Muslims.

It let me copy and paste this morning!

Notwithstanding that the object of the disbelievers in their war on the Muslims was their extirpation, the latter are told that the Divine object in punishing the disbelievers by war was not to extirpate them, but to cut off their ringleaders and chiefs. The word ∆araf signifies a part or a portion of a thing (R), and hence it is applied to a company of men, and also to leading men. LL translates a∆råf al-ar˙ as meaning the exalted or the noble and the learned men of the earth. When the leaders of mischief were cut off, the rest would be disappointed of attaining the object of extirpating Islåm, and persecution would cease. The verses that follow corroborate this conclusion. The enemy’s description as having returned in failure in this battle shows clearly that they were not successful or victorious in the battle. Their great general Khålid became a convert to Islåm on his way to Makkah.
As I understand war back in those days.... one group would line up on one side of a big field, another group would line up on the other side.... and they would to at it.... last one standing... won the Battle or the War. I guess holding out a few guys to cover the rear.... or sending a few guys out around to the flank.... had not been used a lot. So the planning involved in this battle was unique.

It appears, however, that the Muslims, bent on staying alive, according to the verses.... came up with a better plan. They would take out the leaders.... that way the followers would be unorganized and they would leave or lose.

There is, apparently, always going to be a "bad guy". Now it seems the "bad guy" isn't so easy to discern. I watch a lot of news.... is Israel right or wrong? Is this political or Biblical? Was the news on January 6th about an insurrection or a liberation? I heard it said that the leader of one group, on January 6th said "maybe they care about it more than you do".

Let's face it..... a human has to have a good reason to stir up enough passion in others to battle their neighbors.

Let's accept it.... there are people who believe what the Christians teach. There are still others who believe what the Jews teach. And there are still others who believe what Islam [Muslim] teaches. There are some who don't follow any of this and they will join in which ever argument fits their view of life.

This morning, my friend's brother came to mind. He's the one who played with toy soldiers and re-enacted wars scenes on the dirt pile in their back yard. He placed his toy soldiers in the positions he desired. Sometimes he would pick up a soldier.... hold it up to his face and say "you will be a general" and then he would place the toy where it would "play out" the battle according to his plan.

I think God intervenes..... It may go well for me or not well for me.... depending on the right or wrong of what I am doing.... God intervenes.

☕