Quran 3:180-189 God has power over all things

seekeroftruth

Quran 3:180. Those who withhold what God has given them of his bounty should not assume that is good for them. In fact, it is bad for them. They will be encircled by their hoardings on the Day of Resurrection. To God belongs the inheritance of the heavens and the earth, and God is well acquainted with what you do.
181. God has heard the statement of those who said, “God is poor, and we are rich.” We will write down what they said, and their wrongful killing of the prophets; and We will say, “Taste the torment of the burning.
182. “This is on account of what your hands have forwarded, and because God is not unjust towards the creatures.
183. Those who said, “God has made a covenant with us, that we shall not believe in any messenger unless he brings us an offering to be consumed by fire.” Say, “Messengers have come to you before me with proofs, and with what you asked for; so why did you assassinate them, if you are truthful?
184. If they accuse you of lying, messengers before you were accused of lying. They came with the proofs, and the Psalms, and the Illuminating Scripture.
185. Every soul will have a taste of death, and you will receive your recompense on the Day of Resurrection. Whoever is swayed from the Fire, and admitted to Paradise, has won. The life of this world is merely enjoyment of delusion.
186. You will be tested through your possessions and your persons; and you will hear from those who received the Scripture before you, and from the idol worshipers, much abuse. But if you persevere and lead a righteous life—that indeed is a mark of great determination.
187. God received a pledge from those who were given the Scripture: “You shall proclaim it to the people, and not conceal it.” But they disregarded it behind their backs, and exchanged it for a small price. What a miserable exchange they made.
188. Do not think that those who rejoice in what they have done, and love to be praised for what they have not done—do not think they can evade the punishment. They will have a painful punishment.
189. To God belongs the sovereignty of the heavens and the earth. God has power over all things.

Abraham had two sons.... Isaac and Ishmael. Isaac's family is the subject of the Bible. Ishmael's family is the subject of the Quran. Ishmael was the oldest, but when Isaac was born to Sarah..... Ishmael and his mother, Hagar, were thrown out. God told Hagar He would watch out for them.

I need to remind myself.... this was written during the time the Church of England was tormenting anyone who did not worship the way they did. Christianity was armed with the Thumper [a big leather bound Bible], weapons, and backed by the riches of the treasury of England. I need to remind you, the reader, that I'm of Irish descent.... Protestant Irish. My family had to leave Ireland because we didn't appreciate their church either.

This part of the chapter seems to be about the mistreatment of the Muslims by the hand of the Christians. The church of England had stoked the fires against anyone who was not part of their party. They ran people out of their homes [the Athey family was one of them]. They stopped them from doing business [the Athey family were merchants] and if people still fought them..... well they were murdered in the name of the church. So I can relate a little.... the church of England was an angry thumper who demanded everyone do as they said or get severely thumped..... or murdered.

This is from the commentary.

This verse speaks of the sufferings which were yet in store for the Muslims. They had certainly been tried respecting their property and their persons at Makkah. They had been deprived of their property and turned out of their homes; they had been severely persecuted and even put to death for professing Islåm. But this verse, revealed undoubtedly after the battle of U√ud in the year 3 A.H., speaks of sufferings which were yet to come. It plainly speaks of the future, rather of the distant future, because Islåm was now being firmly established in Arabia. The rise of Islåm was, however, to be followed by a setback of which there are indications in the Qur’ån and the sayings of the Prophet. Thus we are told in a √adßth that Islåm started its career as gharßb (as a stranger in a land or as a sufferer at the hands of others) and that it will once more (i.e. after rising to power) return to the state in which it began (IM. 35:15). The abuses which have been heaped on Islåm in the nineteenth and the twentieth centuries are indeed without a parallel, not only in the history of Islåm but in the whole history of religion. The abusive language of the Christian, political, as well as missionary, press and the vituperations of their imitators in the Hindu press have outstepped all bounds. Thus both the People of the Book and the idolaters have joined hands in hurling the worst abuses at Islåm and its Founder. But we are here told that the Muslims shall, in addition to the abuse of their religion, be made to suffer both respecting their property and their persons. If they have so often been turned out of their houses in the past century in Europe, and Muslim States have been wiped out of existence in many parts of the world, the twentieth century presents a yet ghastlier scene of their woes in India. In a country in which they have been living for over a thousand years, and where their population was no less than a hundred millions, they have been turned out of their homes mercilessly and the cruellest tortures known to human history have been inflicted on them in broad daylight and the civilized world has not yet raised a finger against this genocide and the perpetration of these brutalities. It is these calamities which are spoken of in this verse. The concluding words of the verse are the only hope of Islåm in the present tribulations — to be steadfast and keep their duty to Islåm.

I think I had it so bad..... but boy... compared to the Muslims.... I've had one very rich life. My family suffered because of the church.... and no doubt I have a few ancient relatives who were done in by the church.... but apparently when my great great great whatever grandfather came to St. Mary's County.... he came as indentured to Sir William Dent. He set up a grand beginning for the Athey family back in the early 1600's. We use to own some land in both St. Mary's and Charles County. We no doubt did some trading or some fighting with the tribes who hunted and fished in Calvert County. If my family had been one of the docile who went along with the church or England... I might be in Ireland now rather than in the States.

The Athey family boys stuck to their Protestant guns. So.... I see how the Muslims have been sticking to their guns as well. They think Jesus was only human because the Jews hung Him on a Roman Cross. They Believe in God....my Father. So they are really in the same family.... like cousins. Those thumping crusaders of the church of England and those who love a great war..... have been joining hands and putting down the Protestants and the Muslims for centuries. I'm glad the New Testament was published..... it told them that anyone who Believes in Jesus is a Christian.... we just wanted to read our own book for ourselves. That doesn't help the Muslims though. They are still being thrown out of their homes and martyred in the streets in broad daylight..... for being Muslim.

So... in these verses.... we see the Muslims being treated the same way Rome use to treat the Christians in the beginning. Remember Stephen who was beat to death in the streets while Paul [then called Saul] stood on the sidelines and held the coats of the murderers? Christians were hunted. God helped us out. Now the Muslims are being hunted down.... and where is their help?

We have been told that the Muslims are godless. In fact... they worship the same God we do.

The soldiers of the church of England were probably told they were doing God's work when they were in fact murdering Christians.

The soldiers of today.... they are paid by the state to make the rest of the world safe for us to worship..... but they have been paid to do away with anyone who would bother us on Sunday morning as we sit in our pew..... like all the people in those pews are really there to worship.... rather than to be seen so they can do business.

Muslims believe in the same God.

God has power over all things.

☕