Quran 3:49. A messenger to the Children of Israel: “I have come to you with a sign from your Lord. I make for you out of clay the figure of a bird; then I breathe into it, and it becomes a bird by God’s leave. And I heal the blind and the leprous, and I revive the dead, by God’s leave. And I inform you concerning what you eat, and what you store in your homes. In that is a sign for you, if you are believers.”
50. “And verifying what lies before me of the Torah, and to make lawful for you some of what was forbidden to you. I have come to you with a sign from your Lord; so fear God, and obey me.”
51. “God is my Lord and your Lord, so worship Him. That is a straight path.”
52. When Jesus sensed disbelief on their part, he said, “Who are my allies towards God?” The disciples said, “We are God’s allies; we have believed in God, and bear witness that we submit.”
53. “Our Lord, we have believed in what You have revealed, and we have followed the Messenger, so count us among the witnesses.”
54. They planned, and God planned; but God is the Best of planners.
55. God said, “O Jesus, I am terminating your life, and raising you to Me, and clearing you of those who disbelieve. And I will make those who follow you superior to those who disbelieve, until the Day of Resurrection. Then to Me is your return; then I will judge between you regarding what you were disputing.
56. As for those who disbelieve, I will punish them with a severe punishment, in this world and the next, and they will have no helpers.
57. And as for those who believe and do good works, He will give them their rewards in full. God does not love the unjust.”
58. This is what We recite to you of the Verses and the Wise Reminder.
59. The likeness of Jesus in God’s sight is that of Adam: He created him from dust, then said to him, “Be,” and he was.
60. The truth is from your Lord, so do not be of those who doubt
The "copy" command won't work for me on the commentary this morning. So I must beg that those who doubt that I read it.... or those who would prefer that I am wrong..... should go to the commentary and see where I went off path and correct me.
Jesus didn't pick up a pile of dust.... sculpt out a bird..... breath on it.... and bring it to life....according to the verses here. And on that I agree. Jesus wasn't here to carry on His creation tasks.
In my opinion..... the Quran uses that as the reason to believe that Jesus was not God on earth.... but just a man God used.... another Adam or Noah or Moses. I think these verses say.... God used Jesus to punish the Jews. The Christians, those of us who Believe that Jesus is the Son of God.... will always lord it over the Jews that they murdered Jesus.
So.... how does the Quran deal with the fact Jesus went up to Heaven after having a fish dinner with the Apostles on the shore? Well I think it says... "Never Happened". I think it says.... Jesus was created from dust.... just like Adam..... and Jesus returned to dust.... just like Adam.
If you go to the commentary.... under verse 55..... it says "for raising a man's body to Himself implies that the Divine Being is limited to a place".
So.... this is saying that God isn't limited to Heaven.... He Himself could just come to earth and get Jesus if He wanted to.... but God didn't have to take Jesus to Heaven.... Jesus, the Muslims believe, was just a Messenger.... and the Christians have been clobbering the Jews with Jesus for forever.
I still believe Jesus is the Son of God.... God here on earth. If God wants to come to earth and go back.... He can do it.... He's God. IMHO... that's what happened on the shore that day.... God finished His work here.... God, as Jesus... a human, lived a sinless life.... and He knows exactly what it feels like to be tempted.... God, as Jesus, conquered sin..... So He can Judge us and He will... and accepting that Judgement as fact.... will make it easier.