Quran 3:85. Whoever seeks other than Islam as a religion, it will not be accepted from him, and in the Hereafter he will be among the losers.
86. How will God guide a people who disbelieved after having believed, and had witnessed that the Messenger is true, and the clear proofs had come to them? God does not guide the unjust people.
87. Those—their penalty is that upon them falls the curse of God, and of the angels, and of all mankind.
88. Remaining in it eternally, without their punishment being eased from them, and without being reprieved.
89. Except those who repent afterwards, and reform; for God is Forgiving and Merciful.
90. As for those who disbelieve after having believed, then plunge deeper into disbelief, their repentance will not be accepted; these are the lost.
91. As for those who disbelieve and die disbelievers, even the earth full of gold would not be accepted from any of them, were he to offer it for ransom. These will have a painful torment, and will have no saviors.
92. You will not attain virtuous conduct until you give of what you cherish. Whatever you give away, God is aware of it.
93. All food was permissible to the Children of Israel, except what Israel forbade for himself before the Torah was revealed. Say, “Bring the Torah, and read it, if you are truthful.”
94. Whoever forges lies about God after that—these are the unjust.
Ok... once you believe in God.... I can attest... it's really hard to stop believing in Him.... I can attest.....
I'm an old woman... half blind... all wrinkled... white haired... raised Southern Baptist and now I'm reading the Quran to understand what is going on in the Middle East. I am using a commentary that will not let me copy and paste. I have no idea what I am doing....but I'm doing it with an open mind. Some time ago, one of the people on this forum said they had committed a sin from which they believe they can never be forgiven. They had apparently become a "disbeliever".
To become a "disbeliever" a body has to first "believe". What would make a person stop believing in God? Now I've been very angry with God.... I have felt severely mistreated. I felt neglected when God didn't step in and stop the violence in my life. I've argued with Him.... and demanded to be allowed to pass in my sleep.... and when I woke.... I demanded that He show me why. He did. How can I disbelieve?
There's a difference between being a "disbeliever" and being angry with God. Jesus had "disbelievers". I read about them in the New Testament. They thought Jesus was going to build a great army and destroy those who had conquered Jerusalem. When they learned that Jesus was a man of peace who was on the way to the Cross..... they gave up.... they became "disbelievers".
Apparently there were some who felt the same way about Muhammed. There were people who were born Muslim who didn't believe that Muhammed was a prophet sent by God with a message for them. God can send anyone He wants to speak for Him.
Not to show disrespect for either Jesus or Muhammed.... but if God wanted the Gospel to be given to us.... He could have a worm speak in scripture with the commentary.... He doesn't need any human. He chose humans to give us the message because it would be more comfortable than listening to the Word of God from a worm..... who was lucky not to be on the end of a line destined for fish food.
Verse 93 didn't look like it belonged at first.... but now I can see that it makes perfect sense. Abraham didn't have any food restrictions. Neither did his sons.... Isaac and Ishmael didn't have the first five books of the Bible. They weren't written or assembled yet. Moses hadn't been talking to God yet. Moses knew if he let the people eat camel meat... there wouldn't be any camels to ride around the desert for 40 years on. Abraham didn't have restrictions..... but Moses did. On top of that... the descendants of Jacob [who's name was changed to Israel] who believed in Jesus.... ran a lot of people out of their meetings over the food they ate and how it was slaughtered and cooked.....
We have been taught who God is. I learned He is both extremely loving and extremely violent. If we have an opinion about Him one way or another.... then we acknowledge His existence. If we're honest with ourselves.... He passed down a lot of rules and regulations that make life a little more pleasant if we follow His advise. I can only think of one reason a human would "disbelieve"..... and that is simply stated in verse 94..... if a body buys a lie about God.... well then that's just unjust.
The Lost have a chance.... the Lost are not dead... only Lost. As long as we still have life in our body.... we have time to repent.
Disbelievers are just lost.... as long as there is time to repent.... Disbelievers are just Lost.