Quran 4:45. But God knows your enemies best. God is sufficient as a Protector, and God is sufficient as a Supporter.
46. Among the Jews are some who take words out of context, and say, “We hear and we disobey”, and “Hear without listening”, and “Observe us,” twisting with their tongues and slandering the religion. Had they said, “We hear and we obey”, and “Listen”, and “Give us your attention,” it would have been better for them, and more upright. But God has cursed them for their disbelief; they do not believe except a little.
47. O you who were given the Book! Believe in what We sent down, confirming what you have, before We obliterate faces and turn them inside out, or curse them as We cursed the Sabbath-breakers. The command of God is always done.
48. God does not forgive association with Him, but He forgives anything less than that to whomever He wills. Whoever associates anything with God has devised a monstrous sin.
49. Have you not considered those who claim purity for themselves? Rather, God purifies whom He wills, and they will not be wronged a whit.
50. See how they devise lies against God. That alone is an outright sin.
51. Have you not considered those who were given a share of the Book? They believe in superstition and evil powers, and say of those who disbelieve, “These are better guided on the way than the believers.”
52. Those are they whom God has cursed. Whomever God curses, you will find no savior for him.
53. Or do they own a share of the kingdom? Then they would not give people a speck.
54. Or do they envy the people for what God has given them of His grace? We have given the family of Abraham the Book and wisdom, and We have given them a great kingdom.
55. Among them are those who believed in it, and among them are those who held back from it. Hell is a sufficient Inferno.
56. Those who reject Our revelations—We will scorch them in a Fire. Every time their skins are cooked, We will replace them with other skins, so they will experience the suffering. God is Most Powerful, Most Wise.
57. As for those who believe and do good deeds, We will admit them into Gardens beneath which rivers flow, abiding therein forever. They will have purified spouses therein, and We will admit them into a shady shade.
58. God instructs you to give back things entrusted to you to their owners. And when you judge between people, judge with justice. God’s instructions to you are excellent. God is All-Hearing, All-Seeing.
59. O you who believe! Obey God and obey the Messenger and those in authority among you. And if you dispute over anything, refer it to God and the Messenger, if you believe in God and the Last Day. That is best, and a most excellent determination.
This is a hang in there moment. The commentary says this is about leaders and governments.
So far I've seen that Isaac and Ishmael were brothers from another mother. Isaac's family started the Jewish and Christian way of life and Ishmael's family started the Muslim way of life.
People were moving around a lot by this time. They had good trails, horses, and some even had wheeled carts. They did business with each other. They lived by the rules set down by Moses... the Torah. It was the five books of the law.
The Muslims were directed to give the government credit.... follow their rules.... as long as their rules didn't violate God's rule.
In that I think true Christianity, Judaism, and Islam all agree. God comes first. He tells us how to live. As long as the ruling class don't require me to do something God has warned me about... I should listen to them.
The problem is.... does God want me to be a Muslim, a Jew, or a Christian?
God wants me to worship God.
Sorry I was late today.... I was having a dream that I couldn't get to sleep. I was actually dreaming that I couldn't sleep.... that's a new one! .... and then I woke up. I hope this isn't more of that insane dream... lol.