Quran 4:71-80 Just stay out of the way....

seekeroftruth

Quran 4:71. O you who believe! Take your precautions, and mobilize in groups, or mobilize altogether.
72. Among you is he who lags behind. Then, when a calamity befalls you, he says, “God has favored me, that I was not martyred with them.”
73. But when some bounty from God comes to you, he says—as if no affection existed between you and him—“If only I had been with them, I would have achieved a great victory.”
74. Let those who sell the life of this world for the Hereafter fight in the cause of God. Whoever fights in the cause of God, and then is killed, or achieves victory, We will grant him a great compensation.
75. And why would you not fight in the cause of God, and the helpless men, and women, and children, cry out, “Our Lord, deliver us from this town whose people are oppressive, and appoint for us from Your Presence a Protector, and appoint for us from Your Presence a Victor.
76. Those who believe fight in the cause of God, while those who disbelieve fight in the cause of Evil. So fight the allies of the Devil. Surely the strategy of the Devil is weak.
77. Have you not considered those who were told, “Restrain your hands, and perform your prayers, and spend in regular charity”? But when fighting was ordained for them, a faction of them feared the people as God is ought to be feared, or even more. And they said, “Our Lord, why did You ordain fighting for us? If only You would postpone it for us for a short while.” Say, “The enjoyments of this life are brief, but the Hereafter is better for the righteous, and you will not be wronged one bit.”
78. Wherever you may be, death will catch up with you, even if you were in fortified towers. When a good fortune comes their way, they say, “This is from God.” But when a misfortune befalls them, they say, “This is from you.” Say, “All is from God.” So what is the matter with these people, that they hardly understand a thing?
79. Whatever good happens to you is from God, and whatever bad happens to you is from your own self. We sent you to humanity as a messenger, and God is Witness enough.
80. Whoever obeys the Messenger is obeying God. And whoever turns away—We did not send you as a watcher over them

this is from the commentary.

This verse explains what is meant by fighting in the way of Allåh. While most of the believers who had the means had escaped from Makkah, which is here spoken of as the city whose people are oppressors, there remained those who were weak and unable to undertake a journey. These were still persecuted and oppressed by the Makkans, as is clearly shown by the words of the verse, and not only men, but even women and young children, were persecuted. Fighting to deliver them from the persecution of the oppressors was really fighting in the way of Allåh. The next verse shows that these very oppressors are spoken of as fighting in the way of the devil.​
This is a prophecy that those who are siding with the devil and are fighting against the Truth will ultimately be vanquished.
The injunction to fight was distasteful, and more particularly so to those who were weak in faith. Had there been any hope of plunder to animate the ranks of Muslims, those who loved this world most (who are here called the hypocrites) would have been foremost in fighting; but as they knew that they were fighting against odds, they considered the execution of this order as equivalent to courting death, and requested to be granted a respite until they died a natural death.
Good and evil, or benefits and misfortunes, proceed from Allåh; but while He sends benefits from Himself, i.e. out of His beneficence, no evil or misfortune afflicts a man unless his own hands have called for it. There is no discrepancy in the two statements, the one made at the end of the last verse — All is from Allåh — and the other made here. The previous verse states that the hypocrites attributed their misfortunes to the Prophet; they are told that misfortunes were sent by Allåh. This verse tells them that, though sent by Allåh, the immediate cause of these misfortunes was to be found in their own doings.
The further I get into the Quran.... the less I know. I've been told what is in the Bible my whole life. I've found that a lot of what I was told was just hogwash. I've been reading the Bible for myself from the middle eighties. I have never read the Quran. I have no clue about the Quran. The Southern Baptists teaching I had told me to stay away from Muslims, they would pull me away from God.

So when I found there was a battle involved in this section.... I did some google work and this is pretty cool.

Before the conquest of Mecca, several events took place. In 628 C.E., the Prophet Muhammad set out with about 1400 Muslims from Medina to perform umrah, the minor pilgrimage. When they reached the outskirts of Mecca, the Prophet sent an emissary to the Meccans informing them that the Muslims were not coming to fight but coming to perform a ritual. The Muslims were not permitted to perform the pilgrimage that year, but an agreement was reached between the Muslims and Quraysh.​
This agreement was called the Treaty of Hudaybiyah. According to the treaty, the Muslims would postpone their pilgrimage to the following year. When the Muslims returned for the pilgrimage, the Meccans would clear the city so that the Muslims could perform the ritual peacefully. Also, all the Arab tribes would choose to ally themselves with the Meccans or the Muslims and would defend the respective side should there be an attack. Finally, the treaty outlined a plan for 10 years of peace between the two sides, preventing any bloodshed.​
Both sides adhered to the treaty initially. However, two years later there was a violation of the agreement. One of the tribes allied with the Meccans attacked and killed some members of a tribe allied with the Muslims. This incident dissolved the treaty.
By this time, the Muslims had become a formidable force and so in 630 C.E. the Prophet Muhammad decided to take an army of 10,000 towards Mecca. Once the Muslims had reached Mecca, the leaders of Quraysh surrendered. As a result the Prophet Muhammad announced:​
Those who shelter in the Ka’ba are safe; those who shelter in the house of Abu Sufyan are safe, and those who remain confined to their houses are also safe.
Abu Sufayan was a leader of Quraysh and one of the ardent enemies of the Prophet Muhammad. The Meccans were afraid about the impending conquest of their city because the Arabs had lived by the law of retaliation and there was a fear that Muslims would take revenge for the persecution of the Muslims and the losses in subsequent battles. When the Prophet Muhammad and the Muslims entered the area of the Kaba, he announced clemency for everyone in Mecca who no longer wished to fight the Muslims:
This day no reproach shall be on you. God will forgive you; He is the Most Merciful of the Merciful. You can go away!
Many of the Meccans, who were expecting some sort of punishment, were surprised by the Prophet’s statement and some decided to become Muslim. Thus, the conquest of Mecca was bloodless and ended years of warfare and violence between Quraysh and the Muslims.

This event is significant for Muslims because it demonstrates the character of the Prophet Muhammad. He could have exacted revenge, in accordance with the traditions of the Arabs, but instead he showed mercy on the Meccans. This is an important reminder for Muslims even to the present day about how conflict should be addressed. Finally, the conquest was a defining moment because it established Islam on the Arabian Peninsula, from there it spread to become a major world religion.

Cool story. I'm glad I googled it.... Muhammed didn't like to fight, apparently, but he would if he had to.

When my brother was a teen.... some bullies from down the street decided he was a threat. My brother is a tall man... well over 6'. Like me, he shot up early and spent middle school towering over the class. So the bullies had to test him. My dad was outside doing something and he watched the whole thing. My brother was outnumbered.... but he was trained by my dad.... who fought golden glove in the Navy. My brother took quite a beating.... but my dad didn't step in. My brother got in some really good licks, according to Dad, and those boys learned a little respect for my brother that day. When my mom asked my dad why he watched and didn't step in.... Dad told Mom "He did well by himself. Now he has respect." That wouldn't have been possible if my dad helped him.

If you're not in the fight.... get out of the way. The people in the town were told.... stay away.... get away.... shelter in place.

I heard it said that before the US invaded Iraq.... we sent a plane full of brochures that depicted the American Soldier as cannibals. Soldiers were so afraid because of the advance propaganda... they gave up without a fight.

Recently.... when the building housing CNN and Al Jazeera was bombed in Gaza.... the people in the area were warned.... get out while you can.... stay away.

So that's probably what's going on over there in the middle east with all those people who have been routed out of their homes... and forced to live in camps along the border..... they are staying out of the way.

So that's probably what's going at the borders between here and hurricane ravaged Honduras... they are staying out of the way.

Jesus fed the people. Muhammed warns the people so they can avoid harm. God knows who is a hypocrite and who loves Him.

Those who love God.... will be ok. God will handle all this.

They just have to stay out of the way.

☕