Quran 6:110-115 Tell the truth

seekeroftruth

Quran 6:110. And We turn away their hearts and their visions, as they refused to believe in it the first time, and We leave them blundering in their rebellion.
111. Even if We sent down the angels to them, and the dead spoke to them, and We gathered all things before them, they still would not believe, unless God wills; but most of them are ignorant.
112. Likewise, We have assigned for every prophet an enemy—human and jinn devils—inspiring one another with fancy words in order to deceive. But had your Lord willed, they would not have done it. So leave them to their fabrications.
113. So that the hearts of those who do not believe in the Hereafter may incline to it, and be content with it, and that they may perpetrate whatever they perpetrate.
114. “Shall I seek a judge other than God, when He is the One who revealed to you the Book, explained in detail?” Those to whom We gave the Book know that it is the truth revealed from your Lord. So do not be of those who doubt.
115. The Word of your Lord has been completed, in truth and justice. There is no changing to His words. He is the Hearer, the Knower.
This is from the commentary.

The subject of v. 110 is continued here. There are always some men who assume such an attitude of hostility towards Truth that they turn a deaf ear to every argument, and it is of such leaders of evil that this verse speaks; see next verse. The coming of the angels stands for the execution of the decree of their punishment. The speaking of the dead refers either to the raising of the spiritually dead to life (see v. 122), or to the evidence of those who had passed away before the Prophet, being given through their writings. And lastly, by the bringing together of all things is meant the bringing together of things relating to their punishment. The meaning is that some of the opponents are so blind that the clearest of signs or proofs would not convince them. 112a. By the men and the jinn here are apparently meant the ordinary men and the leaders, suggesting to each other varnished tales of falsehood. See 128a for a fuller discussion of the word jinn.​
Wow... this one was fast this morning. Some people will never learn.

Being a leader doesn't make anyone better. In fact, leaders lie just as smartly as followers. As a matter of fact, leaders tend to make up more lies because more people want them to behave in their favor.

Leaders want everyone to be happy. It makes life a lot easier if everyone is whistling while they work. So, leaders are generally happy to smudge the truth a little, until it gets so smudged it's just a blur. Then they tend to say the reason this twisted truth became a lie was somehow the fault of the poor follower.

I just realized that a doctor lied. The doctor that blinded me, claims he told me to get use to living a monocular life. Hey, I'm not a one eyed purple people eater. I would have protested that. On top of that... this doctor claims he told me this most excellent news, five days before Christmas.

I trust you all know me well enough to know, if I had been told I was not going to get my sight back five days before Christmas.... well it would have made it's way into this forum. Does anyone remember me saying anything about the doctor declaring me blind for Christmas 2020? I'll have to check the record.

Either he lied or I denied.

That's what these verses are saying to me this morning. They lied and denied.

Telling a lie is bad for the brain. Lying requires a vivid imagination and the ability to keep the imagination in line.

People imagine everyone else in the world is a moron, willing and capable of believing a lie if it's repeated often enough.

Mary was a goddess.... a lie they told back then that led a lot of people down a bad path.

God doesn't want us lying about Him or for Him.

Just tell the truth.

☕