Quran 6: 130-140 Abortion and Idol Worship

seekeroftruth

Quran 6:130. “O assembly of jinn and humans, did there not come to you messengers from among you, relating to you My revelations, and warning you of the meeting of this Day of yours?” They will say, “We testify against ourselves.” The life of the world seduced them. They will testify against themselves that they were disbelievers.
131. That is because your Lord would not destroy towns for injustice while their inhabitants are unaware.
132. They all have ranks according to what they did; and your Lord is not unaware of what they do.
133. Your Lord is the Rich Beyond Need, the Possessor of Mercy. If He wills, He can do away with you, and substitute whomever He wills in your place, just as He produced you from the descendants of another people.
134. What you are promised is coming, and you cannot thwart it.
135. Say, “O my people! Work according to your ability, and so will I.” You will come to know to whom will belong the sequel of the abode.” The wrongdoers will not prevail.
136. And they set aside for God a share of the crops and the livestock He created, and they say, “This is for God,” according to their claim, “and this is for our idols.” But the share of their idols does not reach God, yet the share of God reaches their idols. Evil is their judgment.
137. Likewise, their idols entice many idolaters to kill their children, in order to lead them to their ruin, and confuse them in their religion. Had God willed, they would not have done it; so leave them to their fraud.
138. And they say, “These animals and crops are restricted; none may eat them except those we permit,” by their claims, and animals whose backs are forbidden, and animals over which they do not pronounce the name of God—fabricating lies against Him. He will repay them for what they used to invent.
139. And they say, “What lies in the wombs of these animals is exclusively for our males, and prohibited to our wives.” But if it is stillborn, they can share in it. He will surely punish them for their allegations. He is Wise and Knowing.
140. Lost are those who kill their children foolishly, with no basis in knowledge, and forbid what God has provided for them—innovations about God. They have gone astray. They are not guided

So I went to the site I was directed to.... I didn't do anything.... just went to Yooper's suggested site.... and today... the commentary is working.

Ma‘shar means a community whose affair is one and the same — jamå‘at-un amru-hum wå√id-un — thus you say ma‘shar al-Muslimßn, which means the community of the Muslims (L). Thus by calling the jinn and men as a single community, the Holy Qur’ån has made it clear that the jinn and the men spoken of here are not two different classes of beings. Again, the jinn and the men are told that messengers had come to them from among them, i.e. from among jinn and men. But as the only messengers spoken of in the Qur’ån and other reliable histories of prophets are those who belong to mankind, it follows that the jinn spoken of here belong to mankind, and not to any other class of creation.
That is, while the reminder and the warning had not yet come to them. Or, the words mean that it is not for negligence that nations are destroyed; it is only when they become iniquitous and spread mischief in the world that they are overtaken by punishment in this life.
Mark again the certainty with which the idolatrous Quraish are told — and through them all the proud opponents of Truth — in this verse and the one preceding, that their authority in their country would cease to exist and another people would be raised in their stead.
It was a custom among the Arab idolaters to set apart certain portions of the produce of their fields and their cattle, one portion for Allåh and another portion for the idols. The portion for idols was always applied to their use, but the portion set apart for Allåh, though ordinarily spent to feed the poor and the needy, was in certain cases — for instance, when the portion of the idols was somehow or other destroyed — diverted to the use of the idols (I‘Ab-Rz). The portion for the idols was handed over to the priests.
This refers to the practice of slaying or burying alive the female children (Rz), and also to the human sacrifices to idols, as they sometimes vowed that, if they had a number of sons, they would sacrifice one of them to an idol (Kf).​
By introducing these superstitious and evil customs they were making confused and obscure the true religion — the religion of the service of One God.​
Only devotees of idols and males could eat them, and not females.​
Such animals are meant as the ba√ßrah, the så’ibah, etc. That is, such as were sacrificed in the name of idols. All these along with what is said in the next two verses are denounced as being idolatrous practices.​
Jinn refers to the Muslims.... "protected by God". Muslims and the rest of the humans.... that's what these verses are about.... Muslims sin too.

My niece has two children, and she is pregnant with twins. She, like my sister, just loves children. To her, life is just a big playpen and she gets to play with her children all the time. My niece and her husband own a little company. He does construction work, contractor stuff, and she runs the bookkeeping.... but mostly she plays with the kids. My sister passed away a few years ago. She would be so happy about the twins!

This same niece, however, is all upset about the Roe V Wade ruling that is headed back to the Supreme Court. She doesn't want the end of abortion. While she would never do such a thing, she doesn't want the option ended. We have family who claim to be good little Christians, until someone gets pregnant, and then they are all "you can't afford" or "you are not ready" or "how could you do that to yourself". The saying they repeat, I hate the worse is, "think of all the children in the world who have nothing, and now you are bring more into the world".... yeah right... like they give too poops about "all the children".

A friend of mine stopped by the other day, the news was on, and the pandemic was on the news. She said, "you know... the vaccine and the pandemic... they are just thinning the herd". She has had her shots.... she quarantined until she got them. She went on.... "don't you think they are just thinning the herd the best way they know how"..... and something came out of my mouth before I could stop it.... I replied "well if they really want to stop thinning the herd.... they should stop abortion on demand".

These verses talk about who is going to replace us when we are gone. It seems that each generation gets a little more violent.... but a lot smarter. We're sending a rich guy, an old woman, and a young boy to space soon! But we're still arguing over murder. We're supposed to be more intelligent than the rest of the animals on earth, and we kill our own. What sense does that make? We should be like my niece..... enjoying the kids.... loving the babies.... but willing to stop the murder of women through botched abortions and clothes-hanger abortions. Humans won't stop trying to do away with babies..... humans won't stop worshipping idols. God can't be too happy with us now.... what will happen to our babies?

Well... fancy that.... the commentary worked this morning.

☕

black dog

Free America
Church membership has been plummeting for twenty years, in the past two years the numbers are below 50% of Americans worshiping in a church for the first time in our history.
A few good sized churches have closed in the county I live in, within the past few years.
Maybe you should ask yourself why?

Abortions have been done since 1550 BEC, its nothing new with Christianity