Quran 6:31-41 Who you gonna call?

seekeroftruth

Quran 6:31. Losers are those who deny the encounter with God. Then, when the Hour comes upon them suddenly, they will say, “Alas for us, how we have neglected it.” And they will carry their burdens on their backs—evil is what they carry.
32. The life of this world is nothing but game and distraction, but the Home of the Hereafter is better for those who are righteous. Do you not understand?
33. We know that what they say grieves you. It is not you they reject, but it is God's revelations that the wicked deny.
34. Other messengers before you were rejected, but they endured rejection and persecution until Our help came to them. There can be no change to God’s words. News of the Messengers has already reached you.
35. If you find their rejection hard to bear, then if you can, seek a tunnel into the earth, or a stairway into the heaven, and bring them a sign. Had God willed, He could have gathered them to guidance. So do not be of the ignorant.
36. Only those who listen will respond. As for the dead, God will resurrect them; then to Him they will be returned.
37. And they say, “If only a sign could come down to him from his Lord.” Say, “God is Able to send down a sign, but most of them do not know.
38. There is no animal on land, nor a bird flying with its wings, but are communities like you. We neglected nothing in the Scripture. Then to their Lord they will be gathered.
39. Those who reject Our revelations are deaf and dumb, in total darkness. Whomever God wills, He leaves astray; and whomever He wills, He sets on a straight path.
40. Say, “Have you considered? if God's punishment came upon you, or the Hour overtook you, would you call upon any other than God, if you are sincere?”
41. In fact, it is Him you will call upon; and if He wills, he will remove what you called Him for, and you will forget what you idolized

This is from the commentary.

The Prophet was known among them as al-Amßn, i.e., the Faithful or the Truthful one. His worst enemies at the height of their enmity admitted that he had never told a lie (B. 1:1). It was after he received the Divine revelation that he was called a liar, and hence it was really a denial of the Divine revelation, not a denial as to the Prophet’s truthfulness.
The context shows clearly that by the words of Allåh here are meant the prophecies foretelling the triumph of Truth and the overthrow of all opposition. As help came to messengers before the Holy Prophet, so would help come to him, and this was a prophecy which none could change and whose fulfilment was sure.
By sign is meant a sign that should bring all to guidance, as shown by what follows. Their doom was pronounced, and that word must be fulfilled, as affirmed in the previous verse; but the demand of the people to be overawed into an immediate submission to the Prophet by a sign was not in accordance with the Divine Law.
Those addressed by the Prophet are here divided into two classes: (1) those who listen: they accept the Prophet and become believers; (2) those who are spiritually dead and pay no heed to the Prophet’s warning. Even the latter are not to be despaired of, for Allåh will raise them too to spiritual life. Their being returned to Allåh stands here for their submission to God and ultimate acceptance of the Truth.
The sign spoken of here is the sign asked for in v. 35. Allåh did send the very sign demanded, as we find the Arabs submitting to the Holy Prophet almost in a body after the conquest of Makkah
Other creatures are all provided for by Allåh as men are, so far as physical needs are concerned, and therefore man must obey the laws of nature as other animals do. But man’s nature aspires to something higher, and it is to satisfy that spiritual craving that prophets are sent. This verse, moreover, points, as it were, to two classes of men those who, like beasts, are wholly bent on earth and cannot rise, and those who rise like birds, soaring upward to the higher spiritual regions. The concluding words of the verse — then to their Lord will they be gathered — are in reference to mankind and, as compared with other animals, point to the Higher life, the life eternal in God. There is no mention here or anywhere else in the Holy Qur’ån of the lower animals being raised to a new life for Judgment.​
In dire distress and affliction even the polytheist finds nobody to call upon but God. This shows that a belief in the Divine existence and Unity of God is inherent in human nature.

When things get really bad.... I mean deadly scary bad..... I mean Armageddon bad.... who you gonna call?

According to these verses..... if you're smart you'll call on God.

I know.... I know.... there will be people yelling "Oh my god!" everywhere.

So how is God supposed to know which one is the "Oh My God!" type of call.... like "Here I am Dad" and who's just cursing the calamity?

God knows who's calling Him. He knew when He sculpted you. He knew who you would be when He adorned you with beautiful skin tones. He knew who you would be before He chose the color of your eyes. He knew who you would be when He plopped you in your mother's womb. He knew who you would call.

The people kept saying "it's a sign from god". If the sky was blue... it was a sign. If a cricket chirped.... it was a sign. If there was an eclipse.... it was a mega sign. If the oatmeal got cold.... it was a sign.

The Quran says.... You wouldn't know a real sign if it smacked you in the face and said... "here I'm a sign from god".

Humans are so ignorant, they couldn't pour piss out of a boot if the instructions were written on the heel.

Some people say God won't forgive them. This is true.... if you are still an unbeliever when God decides to pack it all up and renovate..... you won't be forgiven.

Have you been watching the search for survivors in the Condo Collapse? You see those responders going through the rubble, bit by bit? They are looking for survivors and other things survivors would be looking for. Piece by piece, person by person, it's a bucket search. Only God knows where a survivor might be trapped now.

God is going to pick through the humans when He decides to pack it up and renovate.

God will hear His children calling. God already knows who you will be calling in the end.

Will you be saying "I'm here Dad" or will you be the one over in the void saying "Uh.... God? I never believed in you before.... but save me and I'll read my little Daily Bread book again, I promise"?

These verses say God has sent you multiple signs. Each and every one of us had seen signs of God's love.

When God decides to pack it all up and renovate..... when the circle of fire erupts in quake and islands become mountains and mountains disappear into the sea, will you call your Father or just call?

Who ya gonna call?

☕

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

Quran 6:31. Losers are those who deny the encounter with God. Then, when the Hour comes upon them suddenly, they will say, “Alas for us, how we have neglected it.” And they will carry their burdens on their backs—evil is what they carry.
32. The life of this world is nothing but game and distraction, but the Home of the Hereafter is better for those who are righteous. Do you not understand?
33. We know that what they say grieves you. It is not you they reject, but it is God's revelations that the wicked deny.
34. Other messengers before you were rejected, but they endured rejection and persecution until Our help came to them. There can be no change to God’s words. News of the Messengers has already reached you.
35. If you find their rejection hard to bear, then if you can, seek a tunnel into the earth, or a stairway into the heaven, and bring them a sign. Had God willed, He could have gathered them to guidance. So do not be of the ignorant.
36. Only those who listen will respond. As for the dead, God will resurrect them; then to Him they will be returned.
37. And they say, “If only a sign could come down to him from his Lord.” Say, “God is Able to send down a sign, but most of them do not know.
38. There is no animal on land, nor a bird flying with its wings, but are communities like you. We neglected nothing in the Scripture. Then to their Lord they will be gathered.
39. Those who reject Our revelations are deaf and dumb, in total darkness. Whomever God wills, He leaves astray; and whomever He wills, He sets on a straight path.
40. Say, “Have you considered? if God's punishment came upon you, or the Hour overtook you, would you call upon any other than God, if you are sincere?”
41. In fact, it is Him you will call upon; and if He wills, he will remove what you called Him for, and you will forget what you idolized

This is from the commentary.

The Prophet was known among them as al-Amßn, i.e., the Faithful or the Truthful one. His worst enemies at the height of their enmity admitted that he had never told a lie (B. 1:1). It was after he received the Divine revelation that he was called a liar, and hence it was really a denial of the Divine revelation, not a denial as to the Prophet’s truthfulness.
The context shows clearly that by the words of Allåh here are meant the prophecies foretelling the triumph of Truth and the overthrow of all opposition. As help came to messengers before the Holy Prophet, so would help come to him, and this was a prophecy which none could change and whose fulfilment was sure.
By sign is meant a sign that should bring all to guidance, as shown by what follows. Their doom was pronounced, and that word must be fulfilled, as affirmed in the previous verse; but the demand of the people to be overawed into an immediate submission to the Prophet by a sign was not in accordance with the Divine Law.
Those addressed by the Prophet are here divided into two classes: (1) those who listen: they accept the Prophet and become believers; (2) those who are spiritually dead and pay no heed to the Prophet’s warning. Even the latter are not to be despaired of, for Allåh will raise them too to spiritual life. Their being returned to Allåh stands here for their submission to God and ultimate acceptance of the Truth.
The sign spoken of here is the sign asked for in v. 35. Allåh did send the very sign demanded, as we find the Arabs submitting to the Holy Prophet almost in a body after the conquest of Makkah
Other creatures are all provided for by Allåh as men are, so far as physical needs are concerned, and therefore man must obey the laws of nature as other animals do. But man’s nature aspires to something higher, and it is to satisfy that spiritual craving that prophets are sent. This verse, moreover, points, as it were, to two classes of men those who, like beasts, are wholly bent on earth and cannot rise, and those who rise like birds, soaring upward to the higher spiritual regions. The concluding words of the verse — then to their Lord will they be gathered — are in reference to mankind and, as compared with other animals, point to the Higher life, the life eternal in God. There is no mention here or anywhere else in the Holy Qur’ån of the lower animals being raised to a new life for Judgment.​
In dire distress and affliction even the polytheist finds nobody to call upon but God. This shows that a belief in the Divine existence and Unity of God is inherent in human nature.

When things get really bad.... I mean deadly scary bad..... I mean Armageddon bad.... who you gonna call?

According to these verses..... if you're smart you'll call on God.

I know.... I know.... there will be people yelling "Oh my god!" everywhere.

So how is God supposed to know which one is the "Oh My God!" type of call.... like "Here I am Dad" and who's just cursing the calamity?

God knows who's calling Him. He knew when He sculpted you. He knew who you would be when He adorned you with beautiful skin tones. He knew who you would be before He chose the color of your eyes. He knew who you would be when He plopped you in your mother's womb. He knew who you would call.

The people kept saying "it's a sign from god". If the sky was blue... it was a sign. If a cricket chirped.... it was a sign. If there was an eclipse.... it was a mega sign. If the oatmeal got cold.... it was a sign.

The Quran says.... You wouldn't know a real sign if it smacked you in the face and said... "here I'm a sign from god".

Humans are so ignorant, they couldn't pour piss out of a boot if the instructions were written on the heel.

Some people say God won't forgive them. This is true.... if you are still an unbeliever when God decides to pack it all up and renovate..... you won't be forgiven.

Have you been watching the search for survivors in the Condo Collapse? You see those responders going through the rubble, bit by bit? They are looking for survivors and other things survivors would be looking for. Piece by piece, person by person, it's a bucket search. Only God knows where a survivor might be trapped now.

God is going to pick through the humans when He decides to pack it up and renovate.

God will hear His children calling. God already knows who you will be calling in the end.

Will you be saying "I'm here Dad" or will you be the one over in the void saying "Uh.... God? I never believed in you before.... but save me and I'll read my little Daily Bread book again, I promise"?

These verses say God has sent you multiple signs. Each and every one of us had seen signs of God's love.

When God decides to pack it all up and renovate..... when the circle of fire erupts in quake and islands become mountains and mountains disappear into the sea, will you call your Father or just call?

Who ya gonna call?

☕
Maybe you should reapply your focus to the Torah and Talmud?

“If a Jew be called upon to explain any part of the rabbinic books, he must to give only a false explanation. Who ever will violate this order shall be put to death.” -Libbre David 37

seekeroftruth

If I may ...

Maybe you should reapply your focus to the Torah and Talmud?

“If a Jew be called upon to explain any part of the rabbinic books, he must to give only a false explanation. Who ever will violate this order shall be put to death.” -Libbre David 37

The Talmud? I'm confused.....

So the Talmud is about how the Jews should treat each other and the Torah is how they are to act globally? Is that what I'm reading?

I don't understand how any religion could have stayed in tact as long as these have without published documents that kept people on the same track. Of course religion is corrupted..... The printing press really got things going..... Calvin and Luther could read!

I'm finding the Quran pretty interesting.... but I'm still a Christian..... I am reading this because I am interested in where they are coming from.....

Jews wanted to kill all Christians. Jews and Christians wanted to kill all Muslims. So far, the Muslims are only allowed to fight in self defense.... but then again.... Christians are supposed to be charitable.... Jews are to be just. Right?

I am so embarrassed by some humans.... really....