Quran 7:1-10 Judge Judy Rule

seekeroftruth

Quran 7: In the name of God, the Gracious, the Merciful.
1. Alif, Lam, Meem, Saad.
2. A Scripture was revealed to you, so let there be no anxiety in your heart because of it. You are to warn with it—and a reminder for the believers.
3. Follow what is revealed to you from your Lord, and do not follow other masters beside Him. Little you recollect.
4. How many a town have We destroyed? Our might came upon them by night, or while they were napping.
5. When Our might came upon them, their only cry was, “We were indeed wrongdoers.
6. We will question those to whom messengers were sent, and We will question the messengers.
7. We will narrate to them with knowledge, for We were never absent.
8. The scales on that Day will be just. Those whose weights are heavy—it is they who are the successful.
9. But as for those whose weights are light—it is they who have lost their souls, because they used to mistreat Our revelations.
10. We have established you firmly on earth, and made for you in it livelihood—but rarely do you give thanks

The commentary is working this morning.... we're in a new chapter which is called "The Elevations". This section of the first chapter is titled "Opponents Doom".

The prominent theme of this chapter is the truth of Divine revelation, there being occasional references to the doctrine of Divine unity; hence the references to the histories of previous prophets.​
The chapter opens with a statement of the truth of the Divine revelation as granted to the Holy Prophet, and its truth is emphasized by a prophetic reference to the doom of those who oppose the propagation of the truth contained therein. The second section shows that opposition to the Prophet is similar to the devil’s opposition to the righteous servants of God, whose prototype is Adam; and is followed in the third section by a warning to all men against the insinuations of the devil. The next four sections are devoted to general statements regarding the advent of prophets, the fate of those who reject and ill-treat them, and the ultimate triumph of the righteous. These are followed by four other sections containing illustrations of these general statements as drawn from the histories of five prophets, whose names, and the prominent incidents of whose lives, were known to the Arabs, viz., Noah, H∂d, ˝åli√, Lot, and Shu‘aib. All these prophets, though belonging to different nations and different countries, are mentioned in the chronological order of their appearance. These histories are followed in the twelfth section by a warning to the opponents of the Holy Prophet that if they did not mend their ways they would meet with the same fate as overtook the former opponents of the Truth.​

The Prophet’s opponents are here warned of a doom similar to the doom of the opponents of truth before them. Truth must be established, be it by the destruction of its opponents or the overthrow of their power, or their ultimate surrender.
Those to whom messengers were sent will be questioned as to how they treated the messengers, and the latter as to how they were received.
Allah, being the Knower of all things, will declare to them what they had done; in other words, the consequences of their actions will become manifest.
Wazn means the knowing of the measure of the thing (R). And referring to the opening words of this verse, it is added the allusion is to justice in the reckoning of men. Mjd says wazn here means qa˙å, or judging (IJ).​
The word mawåzin occuring in the latter part of the verse is plural of mauz∂n meaning what is weighed and mßzån meaning that by which things are weighed or a balance. In the first case mawåzßn means good deeds or virtues, because only good deeds are weighed — accepted by Mjd; in the second case, the words would be translated as the scales being heavy or light, but the heaviness or lightness of the scales is meaningless, unless it means the heaviness or lightness of the good deeds which one has to his credit.

Someone claims that they said something important to me. Someone claims they wrote it in the permanent record. Problem is.... they never said it to me. Oh they did write it in the permanent record, but they didn't say it to me. I was talking to another lady on-line and she asked me how I would prove that someone didn't say it, to which I replied, I'll use the Judge Judy Rule. "If it doesn't make sense, it isn't true."

This person said he told me I am now blind in one eye. Yep... no dispute there. This person said he told me on December 20, 2020. Oh brother..... now we have something that doesn't make sense. Please check the record.... did I mention being blind or blinded in the forum on any day between December 20, 2020 through January 9, 2021. I didn't see anything. Ironic!

Now y'all know me.... if someone told me I was blind in one eye.... wouldn't I be tagging and pushing for a prayer group to put me on the list? I looked back... all I saw was crickets.... Judge Judy rule.

These verses reminded me of that because of the Scales of Justice.

Everyone claims to be devout and faithful to their own god. This is about how much they love the One Living God.

Some have been introduced to Him [God] but decided it was not for them. Some have been told about Him [God], but it was an unbeliever or a disbeliever who passed the word on, so the path was too twisted to lead them anywhere. Some were told about Him [God], and they Believed. There are the guilty, the forgiven, and the children.

Now, the guilty will hop on the scales of justice, probably spouting how the Judge Judy Rule works for their twisted version of what they think God is. Now they are on a scale and God, Himself, is going to put the weights on the other side of that big scale. In these verses it says..... God doesn't put much weight on the scale.... the guy spouting all the poop is full of gassy poop and hot air.

Now, the forgiven will hop on the scales. They have some gassy poop and hot air.... it's still there from before they were forgiven. They are different though. Instead of being nothing but gas and hot air, they have been changed. They have substance. They love God and they are making the best of their lives to show it. Sure, they have a nasty past.... but they are making amends.... and God puts a little bit more weight on the scale. They have substance that goes to their measure.

And the final group is the Children. Jesus said we are adopted. The Muslims don't believe that Jesus is the Messiah. They say He is a prophet. Either way, this works. When I believe a prophet, my substance grows heavier. Doesn't it make sense that if I believe in God, more than anything or anyone, I would be part of a family that Believes in God. Quibbling over the birthright of Jesus, that's one thing..... but the formation of a "family of Believers" is important. It's substantial! God would definitely add lots of weight to level the Love shown by a Believer.

Judge Judy says "If it doesn't make sense, it isn't true". Doesn't it make sense that God will reward His Children above those who poo-poo Him?

So this is about Faith and the Judge Judy Rule.

☕

PS.... please do a search.... If I mentioned that man telling me to get ready to be blind.... or if I just mentioned blind in that time... please point it out so I can apologize to the man. TIA