Quran 7: 26-39 Everything else is just laundry...

seekeroftruth

Quran 7:26. O children of Adam! We have provided you with clothing to cover your bodies, and for luxury. But the clothing of piety—that is best. These are some of God’s revelations, so that they may take heed.
27. O Children of Adam! Do not let Satan seduce you, as he drove your parents out of the Garden, stripping them of their garments, to show them their nakedness. He sees you, him and his clan, from where you cannot see them. We have made the devils friends of those who do not believe.
28. And when they commit an indecency, they say, “We found our parents doing this, and God has commanded us to do it.” Say, “God does not command indecencies. Are you attributing to God what you do not know?”
29. Say, “My Lord commands justice, and to stand devoted at every place of worship. So call upon Him, and dedicate your faith to Him alone. Just as He originated you, so you will return.”
30. Some He has guided, and some have deserved misguidance. They have adopted the devils for patrons rather than God, and they assume that they are guided.
31. O Children of Adam! Dress properly at every place of worship, and eat and drink, but do not be excessive. He does not love the excessive.
32. Say, “Who forbade God’s finery which He has produced for His servants, and the delights of livelihood?” Say, “They are for those who believe, in this present world, but exclusively theirs on the Day of Resurrection.” We thus detail the revelations for people who know.
33. Say, “My Lord has forbidden immoralities—both open and secret—and sin, and unjustified aggression, and that you associate with God anything for which He revealed no sanction, and that you say about God what you do not know.”
34. For every nation is an appointed time. When their time has come, they cannot delay it by one hour, nor can they advance it.
35. O Children of Adam! When messengers from among you come to you, relating to you My revelations—whoever practices piety and reforms—upon them shall be no fear, nor shall they grieve.
36. But as for those who reject Our revelations, and are too proud to accept them—these are the inmates of the Fire, where they will remain forever.
37. Who does greater wrong than he who invents lies about God, or denies His revelations? These—their share of the decree will reach them. Until, when Our envoys come to them, to take their souls away, they will say, “Where are they whom you used to pray to besides God?” They will say, “They have abandoned us,” and they will testify against themselves that they were faithless.
38. He will say, “Join the crowds of jinn and humans who have gone into the Fire before you.” Every time a crowd enters, it will curse its sister-crowd. Until, when they are all in it, the last of them will say to the first of them, “Our Lord, these are the ones who misled us, so inflict on them a double punishment in the Fire.” He will say, “Each will have a double, but you do not know.”
39. The first of them will say to the last of them, “You have no advantage over us, so taste the torment for what you used to earn.

This is from the commentary.... ssshhh.... let's listen....

Clothing at first simply served to cover shame; with further progress men sought to embellish their persons with it; but there is yet a third kind of clothing, says the Qur’ån, which is the best, and that is libås al-taqwå, or the clothing of piety, literally the clothing that guards one against evil. It indicates a further step in the progress of man, for virtue is an embellishment of the mind, and when man has seen the good of embellishing his person, he will soon be aware of the necessity of embellishing his mind.
That the clothing for the body is not meant here is clear from the fact that all men are warned against a similar attack of the devil. As to the clothing of which Adam was divested, there remains no doubt, when it is seen that the devil tries to divest every child of Adam of the same clothing. Mjd says: It is the clothing that guards against evil, and by their sau’at is meant the evil that afflicted them on account of their disobedience (AH).​
Zßnat or adornment is here generally understood to mean apparel, with reference to the practice of going naked round the Ka‘bah, but the word itself has a wider significance. According to R, real adornment is that which does not disgrace or render unseemly a man in any one of his conditions either in the present life or in that which is to come. Attending to one’s adornment, therefore, carries a double significance here. It requires adorning oneself physically, i.e. a man must have his clothes on when he offers a prayer to God. In congregational prayers, in the vast gatherings on Fridays and ‘Íd, the Muslims are required to have a bath before coming to the Mosque, to put their best clothes on and to use scent. But what is specially aimed at is adornment in a spiritual sense. A Muslim must attend to inner beautification, for prayer is really meant as an aid to the beauty of the soul. He must come to prayer with a heart free from all impurities and full of the highest aspirations and noblest sentiments.​
The meaning is that in the life of this world the believer and the disbeliever equally profit by the good things, but in the life after death all good shall be exclusively for those who have accepted and acted on the right principles.
By the sister nation is meant the nation which resembles it in its deeds.​
By the last and the first are meant here the common people and the leaders, because, though the words would bear both interpretations, i.e. the last and the first in time or the last and the first in position, the latter significance is corroborated by similar expressions in several other places, such as 2:166, 14:21, 34:31–33, 40:47, etc.​
The common people would desire that the leaders should suffer a double torment, for their own sins as well as for having misled others. They are told that if the leaders were guilty of misleading them, they themselves deserved a double chastisement for having blindly followed the leaders

Yesterday the Quran was talking about Adam and Eve sharing that apple. Today it's about the clothes. There are clothes and there is plain laundry.

I have a question.... why do some preachers and priests get all dressed up in a robe with expensive embellishments, and some preachers come to preach in a suit, taking their jacket off when they really get into blowing all that wind? Just asking....

Since I retired, I have had a lot more time to notice odd things like clothes people where on TV. One of our leaders wears suits so comfortable looking, I would bet they are actually just pajamas, sewn to look like a suit.

I've also noticed that whenever they want to show a man is the leader of the local church, he's either got a collar turned backwards, or he has a Bible under his arm. I don't think there were a lot of fancy robes back in the 600s.... except in the established churches.

These verses aren't really about clothes..... clothes are just a symbol..... window dressing... laundry. These verses are about putting respect back in the corrupted church. Remember, back in the 600s the church was run by the state..... and the state was compromised by the church and the wealth it could generate.

When Adam and Eve shared that first apple.... when they put together those leaves to cover what they had done.... when they decided to hide something from God.... it was a coverup.... the true first coverup.

Leaders deserve their fair share of the blame.... but check what the leaders are telling you. It's really easy to tell when the truth is being twisted.... now that we have our own copy of the scripture..... back then, they only had the guys in the fancy gowns, turned collars, suites that look so comfortable they resemble pajamas, or the guys who tossed the jacket and pounded the pulpit with their shirt sleeves rolled up.... telling people "their" version of what the book says.

It's up to you to decide to follow the right path..... God will help.... He'll give you a desire to do what is right..... but it's up to you, not the leaders, not the preachers, not the priests... it's up to you to figure out which person is telling you the truth about God.

Everything else is just laundry.

☕