Rabid Fox Located On Breton Beach Rd

IntegritysDream

There was a possibly rabid fox sitting in the middle of breton beach road at the end of solatude ln last night, he was apprently lunging at cars going past and biting at the tires, some people stoped and called animal control because he looked skinny and not right, but i dont think they got him, i think he had already gone into the woods by then. So if you all see any weird looking animals, call animal control or get yalls guns out and shoot em.

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
Hmmmmmmm car ....rabid fox...bitting tires I think I would have run him over...:shrug:

Last edited:

appendixqh

Silence!!! I Kill You!!!
IntegritysDream said:
There was a possibly rabid fox sitting in the middle of breton beach road at the end of solatude ln last night, he was apprently lunging at cars going past and biting at the tires, some people stoped and called animal control because he looked skinny and not right, but i dont think they got him, i think he had already gone into the woods by then. So if you all see any weird looking animals, call animal control or get yalls guns out and shoot em.

Uh...you can't just grab a gun and shoot at the animal. We had a deer that looked rabid (or it had a head trauma from what the wildlife official said) and we were not allowed to shoot it. Foaming at the mouth, and walked into a parked car.

BUT...Paso has a point... :lmao: if it falls under your tire on the road... :whistle:

Giddy up!

appendixqh said:
i may have a friend that may have done that to a raccoon once :whistle:
we were trail riding in leonardtown few weeks ago and saw a fox on the trail...not good to see one during the day like that..it didnt seem to want to move off either..so i got off and thru some rocks at it direction..wasnt lettin my Bubba boy near him.

Cowgirl

Giddy up! said:
we were trail riding in leonardtown few weeks ago and saw a fox on the trail...not good to see one during the day like that..it didnt seem to want to move off either..so i got off and thru some rocks at it direction..wasnt lettin my Bubba boy near him.

I see foxes during the day all the time. It's ok to see them during the day. :shrug:

Giddy up!

Cowgirl said:
I see foxes during the day all the time. It's ok to see them during the day. :shrug:
I was told foxes were nocturnal also..hmm dunno..but I know i dont like running into one.

Cowgirl

Giddy up! said:
I was told foxes were nocturnal also..hmm dunno..but I know i dont like running into one.

Sometimes they hunt during the day. I would think the fox you saw was fine. You were on a trail ride...

Giddy up!

In its wild ranges the red fox is very intolerant of human activity and ... The red fox is nocturnal or, if the days are cloudy, possibly crepuscular. ...
(got that off the net) and thats what I was always told about them...heard last yr there were a abundance of red fox that had tested positive for rabies..so im stayin clear of them!

IntegritysDream

hah, at my barn, the owner feeds them =( i guess she thinks wild animals are her friends, but my friend is big in hutin and hes like i gotta bow if one starts lurking aorund the barn

IntegritysDream

Giddy up! said:
You text message alot dont ya? You got that verizon shorthand going on! :lmao:

ha yeah.. guily! its a habit too, ill be writing papers and doing that and then im like CRAP and have to erase it and start over.

Cowgirl

Giddy up! said:
In its wild ranges the red fox is very intolerant of human activity and ... The red fox is nocturnal or, if the days are cloudy, possibly crepuscular. ...
(got that off the net) and thats what I was always told about them...heard last yr there were a abundance of red fox that had tested positive for rabies..so im stayin clear of them!

:lol:
Foxes are primarily nocturnal in urban areas, but this seems to be more a method to avoid humans than an actual preference. (It's a popular misconception that a fox out and about during the daytime is disturbed or sick.) They will be active by day as long as they feel secure, and are near enough to safety. This is when they pursue prey, such as squirrels, who are also active by day.

From this site

2baymares

Giddy up! said:

Out of a Total of 8 riders and ONLY Giddy sees this fox. She jumps off Bubba and starts throwing rocks at a "bush". :lmao: ....mmmmm minutes later Bubba did take off in a WILD RUN. Maybe that fox jumped up and bit him in the azz. :whistle:

Giddy up!

2baymares said:
Out of a Total of 8 riders and ONLY Giddy sees this fox. She jumps off Bubba and starts throwing rocks at a "bush". :lmao: ....mmmmm minutes later Bubba did take off in a WILD RUN. Maybe that fox jumped up and bit him in the azz. :whistle:
I think your horse jumped up and bit him in the ass as fast as he was rolling! :lmao: remember...i beat ya!