Radio Stations blanked out / Jammed?

BernieP

Resident PIA
WKIK 102.9 and WMAL 105.9 both were impossible to tune due to the high level of interference.
Normally 102.9 is a strong signal, it was just strong static, 105.9 i could pick up bits, but again, very strong interference.
Anything interesting going on?

Rommey

I've noticed 105.9 has been weak with lots of static for about two weeks now. Normally I can pick it up clear at my house but it has been difficult listening on the drive home.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
I've noticed 105.9 has been weak with lots of static for about two weeks now. Normally I can pick it up clear at my house but it has been difficult listening on the drive home.
105.9 is also in Salisbury, depending on the day and atmospherics it comes in clearer than DC.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
I've been receiving 105.9 in the mornings for a couple weeks, which isn't the norm from Avenue to Solomons. Usually I get fade in/out so bad that I can't follow along.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
I've been receiving 105.9 in the mornings for a couple weeks, which isn't the norm from Avenue to Solomons. Usually I get fade in/out so bad that I can't follow along.
Yeah I have the same issue. I use the app half the time because of it.

Hessian

105.9 is also in Salisbury, depending on the day and atmospherics it comes in clearer than DC.
I always get their local chatter while driving up the hill outside Benedict...and its clear as day when in Drum point.

Grumpy

I always get their local chatter while driving up the hill outside Benedict..
^yeahthat..Going up the hill at Serenity Farms on 231 there's about a quarter mile stretch where WMAL fades out and the Salisbury station comes in clear as a bell. I have always wondered what causes that, it was the only place that happened.

NorthBeachPerso

Honorary SMIB
The local 97.7 is weak here in any event (not so much with 98.3 and 102.9 most days) but the 97.7 from Delaware comes in clearly early in the morning.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Yeah I have the same issue. I use the app half the time because of it.
I'm going to give that a shot. I've got an unlimited data plan and both my phone and stereo have bluetooth. I don't know why it wouldn't work. Hmmm...