Raed this. Does anyone still think the military will not help confiscate weapons?

Louise

They have already sworn Allegiance to a man who is not yet President. A direct violation of their oath.
Of course I would lay odds most of these are people who got promoted during Obama's rule.
\Our Military is a part of the coup. I never thought otherwise.

I have trouble thinking our military would be turncoats. But, if they do turn, there are plenty of retired military patriots that would fix their wagon. I am married to one. God bless the USA. :patriot:

Hijinx

In the first place and in my opinion the Joint Chiefs should stay out of speaking on political issues.
In this announcement they just took sides on a political issue.

If ordered to defend the Capitol of course they should follow their orders.
But they do not get to pick sides until the President is no longer President.
Anything else is a military coup-.

limblips

PREMO Member
While most are very patriotic and devoted leaders in the DC military swamp there are also a lot of politicians who wear a uniform. In 40+ years of military and government service I have seen some excellent officers receive their orders to DC and then morph in to a politician. I don't know if it is a survival tactic in the schitt soup of DC or preparing for a follow on career in the defense sector or politics. I also know a number who wouldn't drink the kool-aid and essentially ended their career growth. I don't know which side they would take WTSHTF.

Reactions: BOP

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
In Nazi Germany many police officers joined the Stasi and Gestapo.

When the US Civil War broke out many military men took up arms against their country.

I don't know why anyone would say, "Oh, the military would never turn against the citizens." Sure they would. They have before. And we kicked the **** out of them anyway.

Reactions: BOP

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member

PsyOps

Pixelated
In Nazi Germany many police officers joined the Stasi and Gestapo.

When the US Civil War broke out many military men took up arms against their country.

I don't know why anyone would say, "Oh, the military would never turn against the citizens." Sure they would. They have before. And we kicked the **** out of them anyway.

I'm one of them Vrai. I've worked with the military for over 35 years and I just don't see such a violation of their oath to support and defend the constitution. A Commander in Chief that would order the military to raise arms against Americans would require they raise arms against their own loved ones, their family members. Enacting such an order would be a violation of their oath and personal conscience.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
and I just don't see such a violation of their oath to support and defend the constitution.

I'm not so optimistic ..... look at the police and the Politics in the Military today

remember the Christmas or was it Thanksgiving message that went out from a US Army critical race nonsense

PsyOps

Pixelated
I'm not so optimistic ..... look at the police and the Politics in the Military today

remember the Christmas or was it Thanksgiving message that went out from a US Army critical race nonsense

Look at the police.................... What? They enforce the law and get vilified and even charged with crimes for doing so. Where have they showed that they will go house-to-house confiscating firearms?

If want to create a serious fracture in our military, order them to go after Americans in any manner; especially a manner that is unconstitutional. I believe there are too many commanders that know when they are given unlawful orders, even from the president. Will some follow those orders? Perhaps. What about the troops beneath those commanders? Will they even get 50% support? I seriously doubt it.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Robert E Lee ... was fighting for his state of VA against Federal Intervention He was a West Point Grad
Many of the best and brightest military officers whose ultimate allegiances were to their southern states were West Point graduates and/or experienced military veterans. That's one of the reasons southern military leadership was so much better than what the north had, in the early stages of the War of Northern Aggression. ;-) A total of 306 Confederate officers were West Point graduates ..306.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Americans would require they raise arms against their own loved ones, their family members
We're seeing the family structure failing, families turning in their own for something as simple as a mask violation. TPD is an example. I think it's very feasible for half a family to follow a radical leader. I have no problem seeing military decent as well. Family and party affiliation are not what they were.

UglyBear

Robert E Lee ... was fighting for his state of VA against Federal Intervention He was a West Point Grad
Yep, same as George Washington took up arms against Great Britain, to whom he also swore oath as an officer.
Civil wars are a b$tch tangle of allegiances and loyalties.

UglyBear

Before it came to that I think it would be the 1917 Bolshevik rebellion, red vs white armies. Battleship Potemkin anchored
in the Potomac.
The proper reference would be cruiser Aurora shooting its main gun to signal the storming of the Winter Palace.

Now we know why they moved that old battleship from the Navy Yard!

(apologies for being anal, that iconography is seared in my Soviet-educated brain).

Clem72

I have trouble thinking our military would be turncoats. But, if they do turn, there are plenty of retired military patriots that would fix their wagon. I am married to one. God bless the USA. :patriot:

You forgot to mention if he runs or not, and did you buy matching insignia every time he made rank?

Last edited:

Hijinx

The proper reference would be cruiser Aurora shooting its main gun to signal the storming of the Winter Palace.

Now we know why they moved that old battleship from the Navy Yard!

(apologies for being anal, that iconography is seared in my Soviet-educated brain).

I believe it was a destroyer, and the new bridge won't have a draw span. The Potomac isn't deep enough for Battleships.