Rain & Lots of It!

TPD

the poor dad
I had almost 5" of rain overnight - it rained camels and elephants from about 12:30-3:30 this morning! And I don't think it's done for the day yet.

Here is a link to my weather station if you care to see...

Dameron Weather

Ignore the temperature - it's giving me wacky readings this morning -40*. I think I have a bad sensor. Or Baja has cursed it...

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Yeah, we're just in a lull right now, but more t-storms and heavy rain expected later today. Seemed the thunder was just non-stop for hours last night with a couple of close loud hits.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
I think we are in the 4-5 inch range from last night also. I've read that Great Mills has flooded again and we have at least 1 road flooded down in my hood.

TPD

the poor dad
I'd say your sensor is shorted out from being under water.

What weather station do you have?

I've got the AcuRite Pro 5 in 1. Batteries went bad a couple weeks ago. Replaced them but now every couple days the temp readings min/max out. Could be some corrosion on the wires or bad sensor. Not easy to get to on a 10ft pole on a cape cod roof

frequentflier

happy to be living
3" in the rain gauge this morning in Lusby. Lightning might have hit something near by because it smells like smoke outside. Electric was off for awhile.
Grateful that I don't have any reason to leave the house today since it is supposed to rain all day.

glhs837

Power with Control
Was nuts here just north of SMCM. Hummingbirds are having a friken party out there right now though. Gonna head back to the stream and see how full it is in a little while.

kom526

I've got the AcuRite Pro 5 in 1. Batteries went bad a couple weeks ago. Replaced them but now every couple days the temp readings min/max out. Could be some corrosion on the wires or bad sensor. Not easy to get to on a 10ft pole on a cape cod roof
Same-ish sitch here. Davis Vantage Vue on the roof of our CC, 9:12 pitch and we are experiencing dead batteries. I can climb up and change them out but it's either 900 degrees or raining, soooo we just go on a best guess.

I do know that we are over 20" of rain so far at my house this month with 2 days and a tropical depression to go!

TPD

the poor dad
3" in the rain gauge this morning in Lusby. Lightning might have hit something near by because it smells like smoke outside. Electric was off for awhile.
Grateful that I don't have any reason to leave the house today since it is supposed to rain all day.

A great feeling when you don't have to go into the store on a Saturday - I just checked my cameras and all employees have reported to work so looks like I can stay home today as well!

TPD

the poor dad
Just added your weather thingy to my TPD folder. You should have celebrity guest forumites on your Maryland Farmer show. That would be pretty funny.

Oh no - I'm a folder on SG's computer! Is that anything like being a number at the bank?

I will do a feature program on reserved parking at the hardware store.

TPD

the poor dad
Same-ish sitch here. Davis Vantage Vue on the roof of our CC, 9:12 pitch and we are experiencing dead batteries. I can climb up and change them out but it's either 900 degrees or raining, soooo we just go on a best guess.

I do know that we are over 20" of rain so far at my house this month with 2 days and a tropical depression to go!

I had the Vantage Vue early on but it seemed I was replacing the control board in it too often so went with this acurite. My friend had the Davis as well and just switched to another brand. He had a closed full of parts for them but finally gave up. For the money you pay for them, they should perform better IMO with a lifetime warranty or similar.

We have not had nearly that much rain in the southern portion of the county.

TPD

the poor dad
ohhhh I want to be interviewed!!!!

Just so you know, unlike the news orgs in NYC, I do NOT provide accommodations at the Downtown Ridge Marriott Suites and Lofts for my interviewees. You will get 5 ritz crackers 52 seconds before we go on the air....

kom526

I had the Vantage Vue early on but it seemed I was replacing the control board in it too often so went with this acurite. My friend had the Davis as well and just switched to another brand. He had a closed full of parts for them but finally gave up. For the money you pay for them, they should perform better IMO with a lifetime warranty or similar.

We have not had nearly that much rain in the southern portion of the county.
The Davis was a Christmas gift. I have to go up the road this morning so I may have to stop somewhere and at least get an old fashioned clear rain gauge.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
I'm rebuilding the cupola on my garage, and wanted to install a weather system with it. I was planning on a small solar panel to light the cupola up at night, maybe I can tap off and use rechargeable in the weather station.

So, sounds like Davis systems have poor reviews.

TPD

the poor dad
So, sounds like Davis systems have poor reviews.

Based on my experience and my friend's I think they are overrated. Back in the day they were the goldstar but like everything else - competition. You can get weather stations that are solar powered - that is mine with battery backup. But the batteries are not rechargeable which seems a bit strange to me. I've changed the batteries twice in 4 years.

My friend went with ambient - https://www.ambientweather.com
I have AcuRite - https://www.acurite.com

Good luck!

kom526

Probably 2 ft at the deepest on the road.

• Wow
Reactions: TPD