rain rain rain

devinej

my horses are out in the cold rain...no stalls left for them :(

they have their (somewhat) waterproof sheets on...

Sparks

Mine stayed in for the first time in forever today. I tried to get the husband to turn them out for an hour or so, even in the rain, but no luck. :mad:

I'm sure they're not happy being stuck inside all day.

BeenSpur'd

I love her wild,wild hair
I leave the stall doors open to the field behind the barn and mine have their choice. Most of the time they stand in the stall and eat hay but sometimes they come out in the rain and explore. Right now they are out with the turkey walking around the field in a steady drizzle of rain, I guess that is what they want to do at the moment.

erinjograves

We put a door to the field on Boomer's stall so he could go in and out in the fall of last year. My husband called me this morning "I left Boomers door open but I thought you would like to know that the dork is standing out in the rain." I laughed and politly asked him to throw Boomer inside when he went to work this after at 230. He is the type that will stand out there and shiver. Big Dork Head!!!! Sometimes I wonder about him!!!!

BeenSpur'd

I love her wild,wild hair
I forgot about the mini's, I keep them in when it rains, I don't want the babies or pregnant mares catching any colds. You should see them go when they get let out after a couple days of stall time! :howdy: I'm going out to feed up now. looks like it's letting up a little bit around here.

IntegritysDream

I love where i moved indy cause i have the covered arena so now i can work him consistantly whether its raining or not! hes not too happy about that, when i went out yesterday and it was raining he had the most confused look on his face like "hellooo its raining, what do you think you are doing with that saddle and bride?"

Phyxius

Zoooooooom
On my way home from work last night I saw two horses out in the freezing rain (they had their horse blankets on) I felt bad for them.

My horses have optional 24/7 turnout. We had the sleetly rain and they were out all day yesterday. I woke up this morning to a cold mist...they were outside. No blankets or sheets.

Most horses PREFER to be outside.

mistymoofwf

live to ride
My horses have optional 24/7 turnout. We had the sleetly rain and they were out all day yesterday. I woke up this morning to a cold mist...they were outside. No blankets or sheets.

Most horses PREFER to be outside.
i left 2 out side yesturday they both had shelter to go into but than they wont be next to each other so my 5yrd was in his shelter and my 15yrd was standing next to the fence like trying to stay as close to him as she could (their in diffrent feilds) so i ended up putting them in the barn

Phyxius

Zoooooooom
i left 2 out side yesturday they both had shelter to go into but than they wont be next to each other so my 5yrd was in his shelter and my 15yrd was standing next to the fence like trying to stay as close to him as she could (their in diffrent feilds) so i ended up putting them in the barn

:lmao: Yeah, I came home from work tonight and the 6yr old mare and both donkeys were out. Ruby was inside, the goat was hiding, and Peanut was out in his field.

It's so much easier just to let them choose. Pretty much whatever you pick is not what they want, luckily mine can be undershelter together if they choose to do so.