Ramen

A while back there was a thread talking about ramen, and Vrai, Jazz, and a few others recommended a particular brand. Couldn't find that thread. Remember what the brand was?

Wanted some ramen, didn't want the common brands. Everyone of them had MSG as the first or 2nd ingredient, and I'm a bit sensitive to it. Found Muso brand at Giant, got a couple. They are organic, vegan, NO MSG, and the spice pack is not dry, it's concentrated flavored soy liquid. I don't care it was vegan, just noting it. Cooked it up, added mushrooms and shrimp. Very good. Flavorful, not drowned in salt, and I liked the taste of the noodles. I used the Shoyu flavor, next time I'll try the Miso.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Wasn't me as I don't generally eat ramen noodles because I am very sensitive to MSG, but I did find a thread where Vrai recommended Shin Ramyun from the Asian market. I've never had it. 🤷

I will have to check it out if it truly does not have MSG in it. :yay:

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
I looked it up to see what was in it.

Amazon product

I assume this is it. First one shows the nutritional info. Not bad except for the sodium: 1680 mg! :faint:

Yes, that's it. I was going to mention the salt. The one I had tonight was over 1700mg, 73% of the RDA.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
A while back there was a thread talking about ramen, and Vrai, Jazz, and a few others recommended a particular brand. Couldn't find that thread. Remember what the brand was?

Shin Ramyun - Giant has it and so does Harris Teeter. And the Asian grocery in the yellow building. Red or black package, both are good. I don't know if it has MSG because it doesn't bother me and I don't check.

If you go to the Asian grocer you can also pick up some lumpia to go with it. 🤤

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
You posted this thread under Health & Nutrition. I don't think ramen falls under either of those 2 categories.