Ramifications to National Security

Christy

b*tch rocket
I've moved my comments to a separate thread because I think this is a really good discussion to bring up.  

I've got a big beef with the Clinton Administration because the policies he put in place during the 90's have essentially began leveling the "playing ground" to every other Nation, Organization, Terrorist cell, disgruntled human being...... you name it!  

We have opened ourselves wide open to exploitation.  I imagine every intelligence gathering organization throughout the world were having a field day.  I mean we essentially handed over our complete internal infrastructure to these people on  a silver platter.  From blueprints to Nuclear Power plants to Military readiness at any given time.  If ya got google, you got it all!  

Below are my comments from the thread "feeding the terrorists"  Let's take it from there.  I'm in the mood to rant! :burning:

The difference between the Bush Sr cuts and the Clinton cuts were a matter of knowing what to cut and what not to cut.  There was (and still is) a lot of duplication of effort and plain old waste.   When they were making cuts when I was in, the Bush administration was essentially cutting programs that were no longer needed.  They offered early retirement and incentive packages or re-training to all the Russian Linguists (since there were a ton of them for the cold war).  In my opinion, that was practical.  Clinton got in office and made huge cuts in our overall intelligence resources.  He also completely wiped out the protections put in place during the Reagan years in regards to National Security Information.  

Reagan signed an executive order (EO 12356) April of 1982 which states:

"If there is reasonable doubt about the need to classify
information, it shall be safeguarded as if it were classified
pending a determination by an original classification authority,
who shall make this determination within thirty (30) days.  If
there is reasonable doubt about the appropriate level of
classification, it shall be safeguarded at the higher level of
classification pending a determination by an original
classification authority, who shall make this determination within
thirty (30) days."

In April of 95 President Clinton revoked that Executive Order and replaced it with EO 12958, which states:

"This order prescribes a uniform system for classifying, safeguarding, and declassifying national security information. Our democratic principles require that the American people be informed of the activities of their Government. Also, our Nation's progress depends on the free flow of information."...... "If there is significant doubt about the appropriate level of
classification, it shall be classified at the lower level."

I'm sure lots of people were going hurray for Clinton when he did this, without thinking clearly of the consequences to all of us.  

Christy

b*tch rocket
Yeah!  :clap: Woo Hoo!  :dance:  Gotta love the new man in charge!  :kiss:

http://www.washingtontimes.com/national/20020321-16859342.htm

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
It's about damn time!  This will be a problem for Bush, though, you watch.  The libs will scream their heads off about Freedom of Information and Dictatorships.  I find their attitude...surprisingly unsophisticated. :lol:

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
It's about time that we stopped putting out this information for anyone to obtain.  Those with a need can follow the FOIA requirements to obtain it if they truly have a need to know.  Good move GW, once again.

Christy

b*tch rocket
Vrai, they are surprisingly unsophisticated to say the least!  But is that any surprise to the sophisticated crowd such as ourselves? :roflmao: