Random spectator jumps in and wins MMA bout

Misfit

Lawful neutral

It sounds like a movie plot: A paunchy 53-year-old man arrives at a low-level MMA card, and, when he finds out one of the fighters in an upcoming bout is a no-show, volunteers to fight. With only an hour to prepare, the man faces off against a 21-year-old challenger -- and knocks him out.

thurley42

HY;FR
Those circuits are horrible...they will let anyone fight (obviously) It's ran out of some school gymnasium many times and requires no certfication or licensing......

thurley42

HY;FR
Sounds like wrestling...:dork:

Did you see Bruno? They are like that....just a bunch of drunks looking to satisfy their bloodlust...

Not that most people at UFC or other top tiered org fights aren't...but those little orgs don't pay anything, don't have great ringside care, and really don't care about the fighters.....I know someone who broke their leg and had some kind of staph in thier blood and the promoters literally threw him in the alley behind the venue.

Chris0nllyn

I don't mind watching UFC (IMO, PRIDE Fighting is much better), but I really hate going to a bar just wanting a drink, and the drink specials don't count for fight nights.

Not to mention, 75% of the people in the bar have "Tap-Out", or "Affliction" t-shirts on....

Pretty cool video though, the guy's face blocked a lot of punches!

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life

It sounds like a movie plot: A paunchy 53-year-old man arrives at a low-level MMA card, and, when he finds out one of the fighters in an upcoming bout is a no-show, volunteers to fight. With only an hour to prepare, the man faces off against a 21-year-old challenger -- and knocks him out.

Daaamn!! They're clearly not in the same weight division. I didn't read the entire article, but I'm wondering if the young boy gave the "okay" to go up against the 53 year-old, obviously thinking it would be an easy win for him.

I see a title fight soon for the 53 year-old. :lol: