Random thought

hammishsqueak

We're all mad here.
I am pro-life because I believe that we do not have the right to to take life from anyone, unborn or or not. Taking the life of a person, I believe, is not a decision to be left to human beings (JMO). Despite wanting to, I know I could never be the one to execute some of these horrible killers. I know that many people may disagree, but I can't support the death penalty for this reason (also, I fear for irreversible mistakes in the judicial system).

FromTexas

This Space for Rent
I am pro-life because I believe that we do not have the right to to take life from anyone, unborn or or not. Taking the life of a person, I believe, is not a decision to be left to human beings (JMO). Despite wanting to, I know I could never be the one to execute some of these horrible killers. I know that many people may disagree, but I can't support the death penalty for this reason (also, I fear for irreversible mistakes in the judicial system).

That is a fine opinion. I am guessing you are anti-war, also. I can understand that logic. I accept that much more than the ones who are anti-war because people die then want to scream foul when people don't want live birth abortion.

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
Despite wanting to, I know I could never be the one to execute some of these horrible killers. I know that many people may disagree, but I can't support the death penalty for this reason (also, I fear for irreversible mistakes in the judicial system).
I bet if your child were harmed by one of these demons, you could throw the switch.

hammishsqueak

We're all mad here.
I bet if your child were harmed by one of these demons, you could throw the switch.

Oh, don't get me wrong. I would want to. If I were put in that situation, I would probably kill the guy, but I know that I couldn't live with myself for killing someone even though it would feel good to have that revenge at first. I also think that dying painlessly is such an easy way out after all of the horrible things some of these murderers have done. They torture, rape, and kill a small child and then get to die painlessly? Let them rot in a cell...it's just a shame it costs us money to keep them alive.

Princess_Kitty

I believe in pro-choice and I also believe in the death penalty. I don't think mothers who are unfit to have children should be forced to have them. There are already way to many women that have children and don't take care of them, that's the reason that there is so much crime. The death penalty is the obvious answer because killers will never be reformed and there is no reason to waste tax payers money keeping them alive.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
know that I couldn't live with myself for killing someone even though it would feel good to have that revenge at first.

I could. It wouldn't even be about revenge, just a purely practical matter and nothing personal. As Ron White says, if you kill someone, we will kill you back. I've never been interested in that whole angry mob thing, where people talk about whatever torture they would like to inflict on some horrible person. To me, it's just about getting them out of our lives and out of our pocketbooks.

I could never understand the purpose of keeping a crazy maniac alive, anyway. If it were a rabid dog, you'd put it down in a second and wouldn't have a whole lot of remorse. What's the difference?

puggymom

I am prochoice mainly because two people cannot have equal legal rights over the same body. I am also pro gun. Personally I do not like guns, probably will never own one but if you want to be a law abiding gun owner its NOMB. I am iffy on the death penality. Not so much now as there as long as there is positive DNA evidence to convict a person kill em.