Rant of the Day

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Humans who "rescue" animals that don't need rescuing.

:bonk:

An example:

When I was in SPI one of our resident nutties dragged a freaking sea turtle on land in an attempt to "save" it from what she thought was too cold water. Another guest called the real rescue people who, to their credit, showed up within minutes (because they are not playing in that town with regard to the turtles) and gave her hell.

Another:

Divers "rescued" a small octopus who had taken refuge in a plastic cup (probably to avoid the crazy humans surrounding it). They pried this thing out of the cup and shoved it into a shell. Now, octopusses (octopi?) are smart. Smarter than humans, with impressive problem solving skills. They know how to get out of an open ended plastic cup and into another shelter - been doing it all their lives.

Oh! Another!

The Yellowstone (?) tourist who "rescued" a baby bison she thought looked cold.

People! Leave the wildlife alone! Just leave it alone! It doesn't need your help. And if it does need help you're just depriving some other animal of a meal.

Find some other way to validate yourself than endangering animals with your "help".

:banghead:

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Humans who "rescue" animals that don't need rescuing.

:bonk:

An example:

When I was in SPI one of our resident nutties dragged a freaking sea turtle on land in an attempt to "save" it from what she thought was too cold water. Another guest called the real rescue people who, to their credit, showed up within minutes (because they are not playing in that town with regard to the turtles) and gave her hell.

Another:

Divers "rescued" a small octopus who had taken refuge in a plastic cup (probably to avoid the crazy humans surrounding it). They pried this thing out of the cup and shoved it into a shell. Now, octopusses (octopi?) are smart. Smarter than humans, with impressive problem solving skills. They know how to get out of an open ended plastic cup and into another shelter - been doing it all their lives.

Oh! Another!

The Yellowstone (?) tourist who "rescued" a baby bison she thought looked cold.

People! Leave the wildlife alone! Just leave it alone! It doesn't need your help. And if it does need help you're just depriving some other animal of a meal.

Find some other way to validate yourself than endangering animals with your "help".

:banghead:
So I guess this means I don't have to fish the turtles out of that storm drain?

GregV814

oh Vrai!!! you are sooooo out of touch!!! The other day I saw this turtle looking thingy, only it was flatter and it was very big....it was in my yard, next to the ravine, that had yucky water in it. The ravine not the turtle thingy.

anyway, this turtle thingy was digging with his hiney, and pooped some little eggy thingies in the dirt!!! He must have eaten GMO/Gluten food or something. Anywho, I scooped them with one of my coVid masks and washed them in the dishwasher!!! Aint I great and a humanatarian???

AnthonyJames

R.I.P. My Brother Rick
Did it look like this?

Grumpy

I don't feel so bad now after not interfering with my dogs finding a trespassing raccoon at 4am this morning.

Grumpy

Which one died?
Thought the raccoon bit the dust, went outside about 5 minutes ago to bury him and it's a Christmas miracle, apparently he was faking his death cuz he was gone. I had moved him outside our fenced in yard to bury later but now he is nowhere to be found. Just glad he didn't quit faking his death as I carried him out of the yard. Have had that happen a few times with opossums but this was a first with a raccoon.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Thought the raccoon bit the dust, went outside about 5 minutes ago to bury him and it's a Christmas miracle, apparently he was faking his death cuz he was gone. I had moved him outside our fenced in yard to bury later but now he is nowhere to be found. Just glad he didn't quit faking his death as I carried him out of the yard. Have had that happen a few times with opossums but this was a first with a raccoon.
At least possums are fairly slow. :lol:

Grumpy

This raccoon has been raiding our bird feeders for the past month during the night. He climbs up the lattice under my deck and actually separated the pickets on my deck railing to squeeze onto the deck. I screwed the pickets in over the weekend so I guess he climbed over this railing this morning. I heard him rummaging around this morning and turned the light on to let him get lost before I let the dogs out but apparently he was slow about leaving.

Grumpy

I stand corrected, before she went to work, wife moved the carcass to the side yard away from the house so she could get pictures of the buzzards. Really didn't think she would go near it, much less move it.