Rare gold coins found buried in Kentucky cornfield worth millions

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Rare gold coins found buried in Kentucky cornfield worth millions: 'In line with winning the lottery'

Location of Kentucky cornfield where coins were found remains mystery as experts speculate about the 1860s-dated currency

A cache of more than 800 Civil War-era gold coins were recently unearthed in a Kentucky cornfield — a treasure worth millions that experts are calling one of the greatest finds of the 21st century.

"It's hard to put this in context because there are so few instances of coins of this nature with this level of rarity being found in the ground in the United States," Andrew Salzberg, executive vice president of the Numismatic Guaranty Company’s Certified Collectibles Group, told Fox News Digital.

NGC, a third-party grading service for coins, tokens and medals based in Sarasota, Florida, certified the coins — dubbed the "Great Kentucky Hoard" — and valued them at more than $2 million.

Kinnakeet

Looks interesting, but if this is another series with episode after episode of never finding anything, i'll pass.
It is and what happened was they or someone did find some civil war treasure in PA the finders informed someone cant remember who and next thing you know the feds came and dug it up and left

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
It is and what happened was they or someone did find some civil war treasure in PA the finders informed someone cant remember who and next thing you know the feds came and dug it up and left
So the program doesn't have anything to show.

A show about a missing Treasure is just Oak Island all over again.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member

Oak Island is/was such a complete farce. At some point you'd have to believe that 17th-century pirates had more deep-earth tunneling expertise than modern coal mining companies.

Kinnakeet

Oak Island is/was such a complete farce. At some point you'd have to believe that 17th-century pirates had more deep-earth tunneling expertise than modern coal mining companies.
Thats what I keep thinking and how in the hell did they breath 100 feet or more underground people were there no doubt but all that digging I have my doubts but I keep watching,but the dating of the wood is what keeps me going someone had to put it there! I cant believe the History channel keeps funding them but the ratings keep it going I guess.

Kinnakeet

that show was a couple years ago if Im not mistaken but yes,the Govt' came and stole the hoard,just like the founding fathers did to fund the revolution.