rash like thing under my mare???

bhoffman

my mare has been in season for about a week now and i noticed today that she is rubbed raw in between her hind legs. i cleaned it up the best that i could and flushed it with cool water. then i dried it and put some furazone and then braided her tail to keep that out of the way. any ideas on what i can do to help this go away quicker.....

HorseLady

Painted Spirit
I'm thinking Desitan Baby Ointment would be good for something like this. It has petroleum to keep what is irritating her skin away from it and healing properties. But probably need to check with you vet, your mare may have a vaginal or urinary tract infection causing the trouble and you need to treat that asap.

bhoffman

ok well i called the vet tonight and left a message so she should get back to me soon. thank you i will try that desitan when i go down tomrorow.

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
Naw she is just scalded from peeing and being in heat..just use desitin or vasoline for a few days..should clear right up when she is out of heat...very common for heavy built mares..just do the vasoline or desatin when you see her in heat..

mingiz

Horse Poor
Pasofever said:
Naw she is just scalded from peeing and being in heat..just use desitin or vasoline for a few days..should clear right up when she is out of heat...very common for heavy built mares..just do the vasoline or desatin when you see her in heat..

:yeahthat:

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
yep....anything with rubbing fatt but cheeks and peeing constantly (and not wiping) is going to get a terrible scald...wash her with water when you see her and put something on to protect her from the pee...and get used to doing it ever time she comes into heat...

Or breed her

Or put her on regumate for the summer...

Last edited:

bhoffman

ok thanks so much for your help paso! i will give it a try what is that thing you mentioned for the summer?

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
bhoffman said:
ok thanks so much for your help paso! i will give it a try what is that thing you mentioned for the summer?

Regumate is a horomone given daily that keeps them out of heat...or you can given her a depo shot too..or breed her all will keep her out of heat if you are showing her or working her and coming into heat is messing with it.