Raspberry Girl Scouts

TPD

the poor dad
I love anything raspberry and looks like the Girl Scouts will have a raspberry cookie next year. But the cookie will only be available online and thru direct shipment. Does that mean I can’t stop at the Girl Scout table outside of my local hardware store and buy them? WTAF! This is insanity! Guess I won’t be trying them.

PJay

I love anything raspberry and looks like the Girl Scouts will have a raspberry cookie next year. But the cookie will only be available online and thru direct shipment. Does that mean I can’t stop at the Girl Scout table outside of my local hardware store and buy them? WTAF! This is insanity! Guess I won’t be trying them.

Good..more for me :razz:

• Sad
Reactions: TPD

PJay

The mint ones are my favorite. I miss when they came to my door..my preferred way. I haven't had their mint cookies for so long because you never know where they are setting up to sell them. Being able to order them online...I can get my fix.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Thin mints were always my fav with a big glass of milk. But the package contents kept getting smaller and smaller and the price kept going up to the point where I would no longer buy them.

Which is just as well, because I can't have them anymore anyway. :ohwell:

rio

Tagalongs and Samoas are even for my favorites.

I think it was Food Lion where I have found some decent knock-offs in the past.

TPD

the poor dad
Thin mints all the way (until I taste the raspberry). I usually buy 3 or 4 boxes at a time.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
For your consideration ...

I'm boycotting Girl Scouts until they start to allow boys, (real boys, not the confused ones), to enroll, and that they change their name to anything other than Girl Scouts as well. And another thing, I bet when these "girls" grow up that they won't even know the first thing about making a from scratch decent cookie, or any cookie for that matter. Plus I won't support a feminist-in-training organization.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
I keep mine in the freezer.

My wife found a pretty good knockoff Samoa at Ollie's.
Samoas have been my weakness since they came out. (used to be the regular peanut butter sandwich cookies years ago.) Samoas from the freezer are awesome!

I don't usually buy the cookies -I'll just donate money straight to the troop. OR I'll buy 1 box and donate the rest of the money - that's my portion control! :lol: I will usually support whichever GS Troop one of my friends' granddaughters belongs to.

Sure, the prices have gone up** - as has everything in the world. I still support the local troops, though.

About the increase of prices---
**I see the FB ads for a LOT of small business "mom & pop" delis, food trucks and such offering their lunch specials. A regular cold cut or hot sub sandwich, side (FF, potato salad, mac salad, etc) and a drink is usually oat least $13.99 or $14.99. THAT is a lot! At least double what they were about a year or so ago, I think. 🤷

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
I always thought it would be awesome to have a traveling barbeque truck and sell sandwiches and ribs and such, but with the way the economy is headed, only the well to do folks could afford it now. I don't see much fun or profit in such an undertaking now a days.