Raspberry Girl Scouts

LightRoasted

If I may ...
For your consideration ...

And girl scout cookies are toxic to the body.

Aside from the ecological and environmental impact of palm oil, there are also health risks. Girl Scout cookies contain partially hydrogenated oils. These oils are the main dietary source of trans fats, which the FDA warns against. Trans fats raise LDL (bad cholesterol) levels and increase the risk of heart disease. And are also full of sugar and refined carbohydrates. There is nothing redeeming about their cookies other than the manufactured chemical taste, (that food chemical scientists have worked on for years to develop), from those "natural" and artificial flavors that everyone seems to love.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
I always thought it would be awesome to have a traveling barbeque truck and sell sandwiches and ribs and such, but with the way the economy is headed, only the well to do folks could afford it now. I don't see much fun or profit in such an undertaking now a days.
:yay:

A Margarita truck and maybe sell hot dogs, too is my dream retirement job! :jet:

black dog

Free America

Aside from the ecological and environmental impact of palm oil, there are also health risks. Girl Scout cookies contain partially hydrogenated oils. These oils are the main dietary source of trans fats, which the FDA warns against. Trans fats raise LDL (bad cholesterol) levels and increase the risk of heart disease. And are also full of sugar and refined carbohydrates. There is nothing redeeming about their cookies other than the manufactured chemical taste, (that food chemical scientists have worked on for years to develop), from those "natural" and artificial flavors that everyone seems to love.

I just bet you're a sh!t ton of fun at partys.
You are in dire need of a BJ.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Dietary info on each cookie. What I didn't know is that there are two bakeries, each makes it slightly differently, and have different names for the same cookie, like Samoas vs Caramel deLights.

Bann

PREMO Member
Girl Scout Cookies®

Every package is filled with leadership and life lessons.

Did you know that the Girl Scout Cookie Program is the largest girl-led entrepreneurial program in the world? Not only is the cookie program fun, but it also helps Girl Scouts learn life and leadership skills.

When you buy Girl Scout cookies you are creating opportunities for Girl Scouts to learn, grow, and thrive. From learning how to interact with customers to creating budgets and taking orders, the Girl Scout Cookie Program teaches Girl Scouts invaluable skills that they’ll need to succeed throughout their lives.

Plus, Girl Scout Cookie proceeds stay in the community to support local councils and troops. Pretty sweet, right?

This cookie season, enjoy Girl Scout Cookies yourself, gift some to a friend, or donate them to your favorite cause. Every bite counts!

I still believe in the overall mission of the Girl Scouts, although MUCH has changed through the years, and the Program Delivery has changed, as well.
***I am a Lifetime GSUSA member. (As in - I purchased a Lifetime Membership about 20 years ago) I was a Brownie, Junior and Cadette GS as well as Girl Scout Leader for 8 years as an adult. (1 year without children and 7 years with only male children)

Last edited:

Bann

PREMO Member

Then, don't buy them or eat them! For crying out loud. :rolleyes:

PJay

Everything in moderation...right Doc?

What are some of your favorite treats?

Clem72

I love anything raspberry
https://www.businessinsider.com/11-disgusting-ingredients-that-arent-advertised-in-food-2012-3#ice-cream-beaver-anal-glands-2 said:
Vanilla and raspberry flavors might be enhanced by "castoreum," a mixture of the anal secretions and urine of beavers. It's also found in perfume.

The FDA-approved product is categorized under "natural flavoring," so you won't know if you're eating it.

• Wow
Reactions: TPD

LightRoasted

If I may ...

Everything in moderation...right Doc?

What are some of your favorite treats?

I don't consume food industry man made treats. Raw fruits, yes. And, grass fed-grass finished ribeye steaks. Yeah, most would think my life/diet boring. But I'm healthy, have no addictions to, or desires to eat, sugary products, have no body inflammations, and don't get sick. I kinda like to keep it that way.

PJay

I don't consume food industry man made treats. Raw fruits, yes. And, grass fed-grass finished ribeye steaks. Yeah, most would think my life/diet boring. But I'm healthy, have no addictions to, or desires to eat, sugary products, have no body inflammations, and don't get sick. I kinda like to keep it that way.
Not at all boring and that's your choice. 👍

Last edited:

black dog

Free America
I haven't tried the first two, but the raspberry ones are really good. A friend with dietary issues turned me on to them. Aldi's.
These are what my local Dollar General sells.

20220904_145715.jpg