Rassie is a heroine

Normally the dogs are a bit leary of the gas fireplace, especially when it turns itself back on (thermostat). Tonight however, Rassie did not want to be near it. She went upstairs, looked at it, and went in the kitchen and generally acted as if something was wrong. When it kicked on this last time she ran out of the room and looked back at me. I went (finally) and looked at it. The regulator was leaking and flames coming out of it. The pilot light, which should be off now, was shooting about a 4" flame. Gas turned off and situation now under control. Thanks Rassie! Extra treats!

:yahoo:What a dog!

wineo

loving life
This call for a new bed and all the frisbees she can stand.:yahoo:

They have a way of telling us when things are wrong, glad it all worked out:buddies:

I'm trying desperately to be a wise guy and say something stupid, but I can't. What a great dog! I'm SO glad she was there to warn you guys.....

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
I was oblivious, on the phone, and wondering why she was under my feet in the kitchen. Thought it was strange, because she isn't allowed in the kitchen. She's a smarty.

Island_Chick

Mommy of 2
Normally the dogs are a bit leary of the gas fireplace, especially when it turns itself back on (thermostat). Tonight however, Rassie did not want to be near it. She went upstairs, looked at it, and went in the kitchen and generally acted as if something was wrong. When it kicked on this last time she ran out of the room and looked back at me. I went (finally) and looked at it. The regulator was leaking and flames coming out of it. The pilot light, which should be off now, was shooting about a 4" flame. Gas turned off and situation now under control. Thanks Rassie! Extra treats!

:yahoo:What a dog!

WTG Rassie !!!