Rate The Last Film You Watched

jrt_ms1995

The Call of the Wild - 2.5/5
Why the urge to anthropomorphize everything? You can make a great CGI dog, but you can't make it behave like a dog for some reason?

GregV814

Well, “while grampa is away”, a documentary on the social taboo of personal interactions between older women and virile men was interesting. Filmed in some European country, the cinematography was well planned. Although the subtitles were too small to read, the sense of the activity was quite explicit.
I’d give it two thumbs up, but that would be repetitive! I needed two tissues...

glhs837

Power with Control
real tear jerker huh?

We watched "The Girl on the Third Floor". Bad, 2/10.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
We saw Judy - I got bored and turned it off. Renee Zellweger was the worst Judy Garland I've ever seen, and I've seen about a million drag shows. Also they should have used a voice double because, while Renee's voice is fine, it's not even close to being Judy Garland.

Who casts these things?

glhs837

Power with Control
Watched Wahlbergs Spenser, not a bad movie. Good update. Looks like there's going to be more of them.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Ford v Ferrari

Good show.. great story..

Wish they had time to delve into the future of Ken Mile's son (Peter) and wife.. did they just disappear after?? Was all they got from Shelby and Ford a wrench??

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
We're watching Richard Jewell. It's infuriating and portrays the media jackals and FBI accurately - enemies of the people. Perhaps Clint Eastwood can make a movie about Nicholas Sandmann next.

BrackishTortoise

Once Upon a Time in Hollywood

A mature Tarantino. Plot: main character (Caprio) dealing with life in a change of an era. Perhaps, reflects Tarantino's views on his future career. Alt history but not as blatant as Inglorious Bastards. Very noir in colors; clever soundtrack; familiar actor cameos; and very meta; but I think this one has more substance over style. I watched it a few times.

Rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Has anyone seen Bombshell? It's been in my watch list for a few weeks so maybe we'll watch it tonight.

DaSDGuy

1917. Give it 5 stars. Over two hours long, felt like half that, and was filmed to be one continuous scene. Don't blink.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Dr. Dolittle - Is there a score lower than zero? Love Robert Downey Jr. As Ironman. This is definitely not Ironman. Horrible.

I love Robert Downey Jr, too! As Ironman or anyone. 😍

But I won't bother with Doolittle. :yay:

DaSDGuy

Can you give me a synopsis? I've heard it was good but I've already forgotten what it's about. Thanks
Without giving too much away ... WWI, two guys take a shortcut behind enemy lines to try and stop another battalion from falling into a trap. 1600 lives at stake, including one of their brothers.

DaSDGuy

I remember the commercials now! Did it hold your interest throughout - that's a long movie. I'm intrigued by "don't blink"
Sure did. And it wasn't the usual "I saw that coming" type of war movie. Since it appeared to be one continuous scene you don't want to blink or you might miss something. I can't fathom the courage of the people who went through that war.

Last edited: