Rather Be Dead Then Go Through Another 2 Week Lockdown

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
An elderly Canadian woman was killed by her doctor because she would rather be dead than go through another COVID lockdown. When it looked like she would have to be confined to her room for two weeks, she asked for — and received — the lethal jab due to declining mental health and vitality. From the CTV story:

Russell, described by her family as exceptionally social and spry, was one such person. Her family says she chose a medically-assisted death (MAID) after she declined so sharply during lockdown that she didn’t want to go through more isolation this winter…
This time, doctors approved her. Russell would not have to go through another lockdown in her care home. “She just truly did not believe that she wanted to try another one of those two-week confinements into her room,” her daughter said.
But note, for her death, she could be surrounded by friends and family!

When 90-year-old Nancy Russell died last month, she was surrounded by friends and family. They clustered around her bed, singing a song she had chosen to send her off, as a doctor helped her through a medically-assisted death.

Hijinx

Damn: Is that crazy? Sitting around singing while a "Doctor" executes your Mother or Grandmother?
Did they have cake and ice cream or open a bottle of Champagne?

And in California they have 700 and some people --killers--rapists and cop-killers on death row that they won't execute.
In America they worry about a special concoction of ingredients to execute a criminal while grandma in Canada can go out with her family watching.
Mya I ask what is the difference between an Executioner and a Doctor that aborts a fetus or murders a grandmother at her request?

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Damn: Is that crazy? Sitting around singing while a "Doctor" executes your Mother or Grandmother?
Did they have cake and ice cream or open a bottle of Champagne?

And in California they have 700 and some people --killers--rapists and cop-killers on death row that they won't execute.
In America they worry about a special concoction of ingredients to execute a criminal while grandma in Canada can go out with her family watching.
Mya I ask what is the difference between an Executioner and a Doctor that aborts a fetus or murders a grandmother at her request?
An adult can make that decision. A fetus cannot.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

Better to die on your feet/hospital bed, rather than live on your knees.
Speaking of knees. Seems a lot of NFL players are still getting plenty of knee action lately. I have to wonder if they are practicing covertly for the correct giving of fellatio position?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Let me start by saying that I'm in favor of assisted suicide - for any reason as long as it's the choice of the patient and not coerced.

However this is ghoulish.

Patient: "I miss my family. I don't want to live in isolation anymore."
Doctor: "Okay....."

Big Government would rather you die than allow you to socialize and see your family. All this for a virus that kills statistically nobody.

Hijinx

Let me start by saying that I'm in favor of assisted suicide - for any reason as long as it's the choice of the patient and not coerced.

However this is ghoulish.

Patient: "I miss my family. I don't want to live in isolation anymore."
Doctor: "Okay....."

Big Government would rather you die than allow you to socialize and see your family. All this for a virus that kills statistically nobody.

Rather than go down with a whimper she could have just refused to cooperate with the isolation and made herself such a pain in the ass that it would have kept her mind occupied thinking of new ways to phuck over them.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Rather than go down with a whimper she could have just refused to cooperate with the isolation and made herself such a pain in the ass that it would have kept her mind occupied thinking of new ways to phuck over them.

I'm more thinking about the family that just, you know, went, "Okay, go ahead and kill her."

A more reasonable response would have been, "Eh hoser, get the guns. We're busting Mom out of here."

But most Canadians have been thoroughly domesticated, so they are unlikely to have guns or lip off to their overlords.