Rating restaurants

BernieP

Resident PIA
Don't get me wrong, I'm no snob, just have better expectations. I absolutely enjoy throwing off the helmet, trying to fix my hair and I walk into a place in shorts and flip-flops. But the experience of true high end dining is worth every penny. Many here will simply not appreciate it, it's not for everyone.

If the average person here tried to get into any number of places in NYC, they'd never make it past the front door.
ah hum, <raises hand> there, Philadelphia, Chicago, Dallas and LA.
fine dining doesn't mean stuffed shirt. The key is fresh, local produce, prepared for you, not off a steam table, served buffet style.
Granted most places a cut above don't want you looking like you just came off the boat. But clean, (business) casual attire works most places.
Maybe a blazer.

BernieP

Resident PIA
ah yes, actually came to rollback my review of Island Hideaway.
Had dinner with the la familia there the other night.
Attire, was waterside casual. The fish I had was prepared very nicely. Others in my party were not as happy.
Same fish, cooked differently.

stgislander

PREMO Member
So I've been gone a month and was driving on GMR towards Lex Park this morning and saw a sign at the old driving range that said, "Copacabana Charcoal Chicken". Says it's take out only.

I admit I don't go into Lex Park much. Is this new?

glhs837

Power with Control
So I've been gone a month and was driving on GMR towards Lex Park this morning and saw a sign at the old driving range that said, "Copacabana Charcoal Chicken". Says it's take out only.

I admit I don't go into Lex Park much. Is this new?

I think so, but I dont glance over that way too often when I do go down GMR.