Raven's/Bronco's...

Larry Gude

Strung Out
...I hate games that are officiated this poorly.

I wonder if these clowns did the Steelers/Cards Super bowl?

Just awful.

Severa

Common sense ain't common
I don't have a dog in this fight (not from here, originally from KY where there are no pro teams) but this was a game for the AGES. Major kudos to both Baltimore and Denver for giving it their all and playing an OUTSTANDING game.

DipStick

Keep Calm and Don't Care!
An instant classic. Sometimes, it comes down to who wants it more. Denver was statistically better than Baltimore, but the Ravens wanted it more. That was fun to watch.

If you didn't enjoy that game, I suggest golf.

b23hqb

PREMO Member
I don't have a dog in this fight (not from here, originally from KY where there are no pro teams) but this was a game for the AGES. Major kudos to both Baltimore and Denver for giving it their all and playing an OUTSTANDING game.

Agreed. This was a game for the ages, for sure. I sort of pulled for Baltimore just so they would have to go through the Pats again, who will win today, BTW.

Both the Ravens and Broncos refused to lose, but we know one had to, and it would be very unwillingly.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
An instant classic. Sometimes, it comes down to who wants it more. Denver was statistically better than Baltimore, but the Ravens wanted it more. That was fun to watch.

If you didn't enjoy that game, I suggest golf.

I have a laundry room to 'enjoy' if I have a desire to see laundry flying all night. The refs tore the guts out of that game, blasted momentum for both teams, several times, not limited to but including the horrible PI against Baltimore late, the laughable spot they gave Denver on the one run for first down, the criminal hold they threw late against Denver on their last regulation drive, the run play for a first, the mugging on the opening INT/pick 6, the trip no call on the Ravens next to last TD. Momentum changing play after play after play.

Teams are supposed to overcome each other as well as their own weaknesses through effort, play calling and, as you say, 'want to' but, it is not supposed to include over coming one bad call after another. If this is your idea of a classic might I suggest soccer. They do this sort of thing all the time with their little flash cards the refs get to play with.

As it is, I am happy for the Raven's and the whole Ed and Ray's last ride thing and I think Denver, based on last night, wouldn't have a prayer against NE where B'more, clearly, does, being able to play some fabulous D. They would do well to get the same crew to officiate the game because teams normally are not allowed to touch Tom Brady's receivers.

:buddies:

DipStick

Keep Calm and Don't Care!
I have a laundry room to 'enjoy' if I have a desire to see laundry flying all night. The refs tore the guts out of that game, blasted momentum for both teams, several times, not limited to but including the horrible PI against Baltimore late, the laughable spot they gave Denver on the one run for first down, the criminal hold they threw late against Denver on their last regulation drive, the run play for a first, the mugging on the opening INT/pick 6, the trip no call on the Ravens next to last TD. Momentum changing play after play after play.

Teams are supposed to overcome each other as well as their own weaknesses through effort, play calling and, as you say, 'want to' but, it is not supposed to include over coming one bad call after another. If this is your idea of a classic might I suggest soccer. They do this sort of thing all the time with their little flash cards the refs get to play with.

As it is, I am happy for the Raven's and the whole Ed and Ray's last ride thing and I think Denver, based on last night, wouldn't have a prayer against NE where B'more, clearly, does, being able to play some fabulous D. They would do well to get the same crew to officiate the game because teams normally are not allowed to touch Tom Brady's receivers.

New England will win bigtime next week, if they win tonight. Like you said, defense isn't allowed to touch Tom Brady or his receivers. The officiating in the Jacksonville/New England game was horrendous.

SoMD_Fun_Guy

Do you like apples?

Larry,
I agree with you. Too many bad calls or no calls. but then I guess that's part of the game these days. :shrug: And I also agree that the Ravens will be lucky if they even get the chance to breathe next to Brady and the Pats, let alone touch em. It's to the point of being almost comical to see the special treatment that the Patriots seem to get sometimes. Hopefully they will let the players play.

Agreed. This was a game for the ages, for sure. I sort of pulled for Baltimore just so they would have to go through the Pats again, who will win today, BTW.

Both the Ravens and Broncos refused to lose, but we know one had to, and it would be very unwillingly.

Both teams refused to lose? Maybe. But the Bronco's sure didn't try to win at the end of regulation? Tie game, around 30 seconds left, 2 TOs and Peyton Manning as your QB and you take a knee to go to OT? WTF? With the TO's you have the whole field to use, a couple quick completions down field could have gotten into FG range. Why not try it? I'll never understand that - especially with a good QB. :ohwell:

Also, Champ Bailey got exposed bad. Beat bad on 2 TD passes and should have been 3 but Flacco overthrew the receiver. Champ certainly didn't play like a champ, more like a chump.

IMO, the Ravens have their work cut out for them against the Pats. They need to be at their best especially if the Brady flags start flying from the officials. We'll see on Sunday.

thurley42

HY;FR
Lol I wish that game was halfways officiated. I would have like to see what the end result would have been. As long as those officials stay home it will be little Ray Rays going home game compliments if the golden boy.

warneckutz

Lol I wish that game was halfways officiated. I would have like to see what the end result would have been. As long as those officials stay home it will be little Ray Rays going home game compliments if the golden boy.

Spoken like a spurned Browns fan. :lol:

Larry Gude

Strung Out

One thing you notice right away is that the Pats know how to pass interfere in very subtle ways, mostly the grabbing of an elbow as the defender arrives at the receiver, very hard to see at full speed. The Ravens do the same thing only they blow the guy up and it's a tad more obvious.

:lol: