Ravens Games

SamSpade

How do you get Ravens games live down here if the FOX affiliate on Metrocast is showing the Redskins instead? We've been unable to see almost half the Ravens season because of this.

hitchicken

OTA. They almost have all the Raven's games except those playing on ESPN or NFL cable channels... and it's free.

Grumpy

Fox carries NFC games, CBS carries AFC..I think the only time the Ravens would appear on a Fox station would be when an NFC team played at the Ravens..twice a year, I believe.

SamSpade

Fox carries NFC games, CBS carries AFC..I think the only time the Ravens would appear on a Fox station would be when an NFC team played at the Ravens..twice a year, I believe.

Do you mean - like THIS Sunday, when the AFC Bengals play the AFC Ravens - and it's airing on WBFF 45 FOX?

We've missed a LOT of games this year. If we could get 45, we'd be set.

Grumpy

Do you mean - like THIS Sunday, when the AFC Bengals play the AFC Ravens - and it's airing on WBFF 45 FOX?

We've missed a LOT of games this year. If we could get 45, we'd be set.

I see that now, not sure why, blows my understanding of how the tv scheduling is done. I would have thought most ravens games would be on WJZ (I think that is the CBS affiliate in B-more).

Grumpy

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/...ls-will-be-on-fox-not-cbs-20151230-story.html

The NFL announced Tuesday that the Ravens' game against the Cincinnati Bengals this weekend will air at 1 p.m. on Fox, not CBS.

That's because of a practice called "cross-flexing," which the league created last year. It allows up to seven games a season that would ordinarily be aired on CBS or Fox to be aired on the opposite network.

The aim is to put the most compelling games in front of the largest possible audience and "help balance out the television schedule, especially in a week where one network has all the most intriguing games."

CBS generally carries games between AFC teams and Fox generally televises NFC games.

Fox will also get the Kansas City Chiefs-Oakland Raiders game at 4:25 p.m., this week leaving CBS with the St. Louis Rams-San Francisco 49ers game in the same time slot.

hitchicken

Just checked the schedule on titantv.com. Ravens, Bengals, Sunday, 1 PM WBFF-DT, Fox 45, Baltimore on channel 45-1 on OTA. Consistently get good strong signal near base with my outdoor antenna, rotor and pre-amp.

Yeah. I was hoping that one of those leaf antennas that claim to be able to get 60 miles might work.

IF... you had direct line of sight between the transmitter and receiver, maybe. But from where we are, there are too many terrestrial obstacles, signal perturbation from the local waters etc...

I use a small RCA UHF antenna on a 6' mount with rotor on a chimney, fed thru coax (as opposed to 300 ohm twin-lead) thru a signal amp set, one half outside on the mast and the other by the TV. I really need to get a bigger, long-range antenna to get more channels.