Ravens Playoff tickets...

rraley

Mr. Gude, are you serious? No matter who they have on paper on the offensive side of the ball, the Ravens will always suck at it.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
They teach that to you...

rraley said:
Mr. Gude, are you serious? No matter who they have on paper on the offensive side of the ball, the Ravens will always suck at it.

..at Notre Dame, 'they suck'? That's not very nice nor is it reflective of the outstanding education I'm expecting you are getting. I'm apalled.

The Ravens know they need help on the line, so, it should be expected that they will be better next year. Their running game isn't the worst and they have gotten decent at WR along wth a pro bowl TE.

They had 4 loses last year by a total of 11 points that would have made them 10-6 and maybe playoff bound. They split with Pittsburgh, were close against Denver and the Bears to go with horrible losses to Detroit, Indy and Jacksonville.

They also added a big DT that Lewis swears he needs to even tie his shoes, so, look for a better defense.

They have a tough row to hoe being in a division with the Steelers and Bengals but they should be a good bit better than last year and I think alot of McNair.

Otter

Nothing to see here
Larry Gude said:
They have a tough row to hoe being in a division with the Steelers and Bengals but they should be a good bit better than last year and I think alot of McNair.

McNair is on the same boat sailing off into the sunset as Brunell, won't last the season.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
That would be...

otter said:
McNair is on the same boat sailing off into the sunset as Brunell, won't last the season.

...a pretty good bet BUT I'd go with Steve over Mark, given the choice. Of course, I'd go with Patrick over either of them...

:jameo:

Toxick

Splat
Dondi said:
Raven Playoff Tickets?

:killingme :twitch: :confused: :otter: :eyebrow: :killingme

Sorry, you had me going there for a minute.

Yeah, yeah. You probably said the same thing the year they won the superbowl.

I don't know who your favorite team is - but they suck.

Dondi

Dondi
Toxick said:
Yeah, yeah. You probably said the same thing the year they won the superbowl.

I don't know who your favorite team is - but they suck.

No, because back then they had a excellent defensive team, and that's what got them there. But what was their record last year? 6-10?

Well, I guess if the Redskins can do it, the Ravens.....Well, at least the Redskins did it.

rraley

Larry Gude said:
..at Notre Dame, 'they suck'? That's not very nice nor is it reflective of the outstanding education I'm expecting you are getting. I'm apalled.

Hahaha. Sports brings out the worst in us...all the fancy adjectives and verbs go out the window when football is brought up, despite our "learning."

I am sorry for appaling you...I disagree with you, though, that Steve McNair will direct the Ravens to the playoffs. He is getting old, injury-prone, the offensive line is suspect (besides Ogden), and Jamal Lewis is not dominating anymore. The defense needs to maintain its stature for the Ravens to even consider getting back to the playoffs, and McNair needs to return to his form.

The Ravens are the Redskins without Clinton Portis and without the coaching. That is why I have to wonder whether they'll make the playoffs or not. Furthermore, the resurgent Benegals and the Steelers being in your division doesn't help. At this point, I'd put the odds at 55%-45% that they don't make it...that could easily change, though.

Joebagel

rraley said:
The Ravens are the Redskins without Clinton Portis and without the coaching. That is why I have to wonder whether they'll make the playoffs or not. Furthermore, the resurgent Benegals and the Steelers being in your division doesn't help. At this point, I'd put the odds at 55%-45% that they don't make it...that could easily change, though.

Thats right the ravens have a better running back...in fact two better running backs. In case you dont remember Jamal Hasnt been in jail in awhile and is healthy and ready to go. Oh yea this just in. The Ravens have a passing game too, (the Titans passing game to be exact). Anybody willing to sell ravens playoff tickets or the right to buy ravens playoff tickets i will buy them today, with a no money back clause.