Re. Steve Scalise Shot

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
So you want to see the right start depicting Obama or name-your-liberal as Caesar? You want to see people on the right holding the severed head of Obama? This is an acceptable representation of how you feel?

No, I was stating that I was READY TO just call it what it is. I basically highlighted one of your posts, and included what you stated in another one (in this tread).

You said you weren't ready to go there to call it what I did. Because there wasn't any proof.

I feel, (as Newt Gingrich does) that there has, indeed, been plenty of proof - in all the hateful rhetoric and other things that the celebretards have all done lately.

Inkd

I shoot ARs very often. So does Rand Paul. So yeah..that distinctive "pop" of a 5.56 coming out the standard 16" barrel is, in fact, quite recognizable. Not saying that other rounds don't sound the same or similar coming out of other barrels..but I'm giving Rand a pass on this one.

I'm not.

He said he wasn't close enough to really even see the shooter, he said other people told him it sounded like an AR-15, not that he thought it sounded like one. Some of the stuff I'm hearing was that it was an SKS.

He should have kept his mouth shut about what he "thought" was being shot.

awpitt

Main Streeter
the Irony here is the Congressman have POLICE Protection ....
had the police not been present ......

Actually, Congressmen do not have police protection. Only the ones in the leadership do. Speaker, Majority and Minority Leaders, Majority and Minority Whips. Steve Scalise is the Majority Whip which is why his Capital Police detail was present.

PsyOps

Pixelated
Actually, Congressmen do not have police protection. Only the ones in the leadership do. Speaker, Majority and Minority Leaders, Majority and Minority Whips. Steve Scalise is the Majority Whip which is why his Capital Police detail was present.

I think the point folks are making is that, if not for Scalise being there, along with his security detail, they all would likely be dead.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I'm not.

He said he wasn't close enough to really even see the shooter, he said other people told him it sounded like an AR-15, not that he thought it sounded like one. Some of the stuff I'm hearing was that it was an SKS.

He should have kept his mouth shut about what he "thought" was being shot.

About that. I only recently heard a live video off the attack and thought to myself "that does not sound like an AR in 5.56". Then I saw an update on the extent of Scalise' bullet wound and thought " a 5.56 did that??" Then I just saw it reported that it was an SKS. All makes more sense now. Probably typical 7.62x39 FMJ ammunition.

Edit: One of my co-workers, also an SKS owner, came in to the office this morning and remarked exactly the same thing " I saw that video and thought..that's not an AR..sounded more like my SKS..."

Last edited:

Bann

PREMO Member
Shooting Republicans will be the new terrorism. :ohwell:

I had this thought from the first minute I heard about this yesterday nearly 24 hours ago. From listening to the punditry along with some of the congressmen who were interviewed since the shooting, including the ones present at the time -I'm not the only one to think this.

We need to call it what it is and stop dancing around the words. It's terrorism. It's an all out open war on the Right. Michelle Malkin said it best this morning - it's been going on for about the 20 years or so and getting worse. I can remember the rhetoric ratcheting up when I first became an internet user back in the late 90's. I was ecstatic to find some "like minded" voices when I joined the internet in the midst of the Clinton/Lewinski scandal, which was only one of a continous roller coaster of scandals of the Clinton Administration.

This terrorism is encouraged by the media and those who refuse to call it what it is. Those who refuse "to go there" or those who want to dance around the words - you're complicit and are part of the problem. Hey comedians - shut your freaking mouths. Hey ladies of The View - how about the view of Steve Scalise on the ground and now in the hospital still in critical condition? How about that view, Whoopi? How about that Joy Behar? Or the lefist media - let's see how they spin this into the fault of the Right and Donald Trump. :burning:

Hijinx

I had this thought from the first minute I heard about this yesterday nearly 24 hours ago. From listening to the punditry along with some of the congressmen who were interviewed since the shooting, including the ones present at the time -I'm not the only one to think this.

We need to call it what it is and stop dancing around the words. It's terrorism. It's an all out open war on the Right. Michelle Malkin said it best this morning - it's been going on for about the 20 years or so and getting worse. I can remember the rhetoric ratcheting up when I first became an internet user back in the late 90's. I was ecstatic to find some "like minded" voices when I joined the internet in the midst of the Clinton/Lewinski scandal, which was only one of a continous roller coaster of scandals of the Clinton Administration.

This terrorism is encouraged by the media and those who refuse to call it what it is. Those who refuse "to go there" or those who want to dance around the words - you're complicit and are part of the problem. Hey comedians - shut your freaking mouths. Hey ladies of The View - how about the view of Steve Scalise on the ground and now in the hospital still in critical condition? How about that view, Whoopi? How about that Joy Behar? Or the lefist media - let's see how they spin this into the fault of the Right and Donald Trump. :burning:

They won't have any problem at all blaming this on Donald Trump or maybe Sarah Palin.
Do you really expect them to be unbiased on this?

Wishbone

ter·ror·ism

noun
noun: terrorism

the unlawful use of violence and intimidation, especially against civilians, in the pursuit of political aims.

The definition seems pretty clear.

Bann

PREMO Member
They won't have any problem at all blaming this on Donald Trump or maybe Sarah Palin.
Do you really expect them to be unbiased on this?

I do expect it. I will also advocate for it every chance I can. And so should everyone with any sense of decency.

stgislander

PREMO Member
I'm seeing that all the Late Night hosts (Colbert, Noah, etc.) all calling for unity after the shootings. Let's see how long they can keep their rhetoric toned down.

SamSpade

I'm seeing that all the Late Night hosts (Colbert, Noah, etc.) all calling for unity after the shootings. Let's see how long they can keep their rhetoric toned down.

Highly doubtful it will ever mean anything, because as far as I can remember, the left's concept of unity is and always has been "do it our way".
When they call for "unity" - they HOPE that the right will just change their minds and do it their way. There's no "working it out".

Bann

PREMO Member

It's a start. I don't want to be negative or skeptical...

Hijinx

I do expect it. I will also advocate for it every chance I can. And so should everyone with any sense of decency.

You really believe that Kathy Griffin, Whoopi Goldberg, Joy Behar, and the people who watch them and cheer them on and make them celebrities have a sense of decency?
You believe that a Catholic girl from Baltimore who cheers on women having abortions, and who Californians keep bringing back to the House, a woman named Pelosi has decency? I don't look for decency in any of these people. It's nice you expect it, but don't hold you breath waiting for it.

Hijinx

I will be. I don't believe a word.

... And I've got four decades of history to back up my expectation.

Nobody wants to be skeptical or Negative, but as you say, within a week these people will be back to their old tricks.