reaction to the Obama science czar's call for comp

What's your reaction to the Obama science czar's

• Overpopulation is killing the planet - radical measures are required to deal with it

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Any scientist can look at the data and make an educated prediction about future conditions

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Holdren's predictions about the population crisis were only wrong as to their timing

• It's an outrageous statement but it was made over 30 years ago - it's doesn't matter anymore

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • I can't think of many problems today that wouldn't be less burdensome if we had fewer people

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Why the outrage? We've already tolerated 50 million legal abortions in this country

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Whatever happened to abortion being a woman's right to choose?

• He's no longer talking about compulsory abortions because global warming

• Look at Social Security - it's in trouble because we aborted nearly 1/3 of a generation of taxpayers

• Holdren's previous call for compulsory abortion meshes well with what Obamacare

• Holdren's job title should be changed to political science czar

• Elitists can always be trusted ... to be elitist

• Other

• Total voters
E

EmptyTimCup

I stole this from WND:

What's your reaction to the Obama science czar's call for compulsory abortions?

I wanted to Compare the microcosm of SOMD to national results:

Trundacated polling questions:

2. Any scientist can look at the data and make an educated prediction about future conditions - it takes someone with real courage to prescribe the hard solution

3. Holdren's predictions about the population crisis were only wrong as to their timing, not their seriousness or certainty

6. Why the outrage? We've already tolerated 50 million legal abortions in this country that were forced on unborn babies.

8. He's no longer talking about compulsory abortions because global warming has replaced population control as the sexy environmental issue

10. Holdren's previous call for compulsory abortion meshes well with what Obamacare will offer aging seniors.

this posted by a trackback user:

It's always a slippery slope from making something legal to making it mandatory. Soon they'll be taking DNA profiles from us and forcing us to marry and reproduce with people they choose for us whether we want to or not. Those they consider undesirable will not be allowed to reproduce at all. Chemical or surgical castration or forced hysterectomies may also be part of the plan. You all better hope you have superior DNA if you ever want to have sex again.

Last edited by a moderator:

SamSpade

Forty years ago, Paul Ehrlich wrote a book called The Population Bomb, where he predicted millions would die in the next ten to twenty years due to overpopulation. For years, Ehrlich was the Al Gore of his generation - even if people have forgotten him by now.

It kind of goes without saying that you can't believe everything you hear.

jrt_ms1995

My vote

" can't think of many problems today that wouldn't be less burdensome if we had fewer people "

Though I tend to think in the 90-95% fewer range.

E

EmptyTimCup

Forty years ago, Paul Ehrlich wrote a book called The Population Bomb, where he predicted millions would die in the next ten to twenty years due to overpopulation. For years, Ehrlich was the Al Gore of his generation - even if people have forgotten him by now.

It kind of goes without saying that you can't believe everything you hear.

I remember hearing about Future Shock, when I was in HS in the 80's