Reactions to Jill Biden

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Hispanic Journalists Drag Jill Biden for Comparing Them to 'Breakfast Tacos'

I’m honestly surprised the NAHJ put this statement out. You’d expect most of them to be Democrats given nearly everyone in the press is a Democrat, and no one on the left is handled with kid gloves more than Jill Biden. But this was a bridge too far, I guess, or maybe the shift among the Hispanic electorate is reaching the journalism ranks as well? You’ve got to love the snark about “Dr. Biden and her speech writing team” needing to “take the time in the future to better understand” Hispanic cultures.

Still, I’m left wondering how this happened? As someone who has traveled to many Central and South American countries, I can assure you that, much to my disappointment, they don’t all eat tacos. You would expect the First Lady and her staff to know that, keeping things simple in her remarks. After all, what is there to gain with such stupid pandering? Yet, for reasons completely unknown, Jill Biden went with the “breakfast tacos” line anyway.

The broader red flag here for Democrats, though, is just how screwed they are with Hispanics. The fact that the First Lady even appeared at an event that included the made-up, ridiculous word “Latinx” was a huge misstep. Democrats need to be seeking a return to normalcy with Hispanic voters, not leaning into leftwing insanity that alienates them. Yet, here’s Jill Biden talking about “Latinx” and “breakfast tacos.” If she was actually trying to make Hispanics recoil in horror, what would she be doing differently?

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Jill Biden can’t say ‘bodega’ — and it brought back Peggy Hill comparison

First lady Jill Biden on Monday mispronounced “bodega” during a speech to a Hispanic advocacy group — drawing renewed comparisons to cartoon fellow teacher Peggy Hill.

Biden hailed the “bow-get-taas” of The Bronx during a speech in San Antonio, Texas, with such confidence that social media users recalled the “King of the Hill” cartoon character, a substitute teacher in Texas who taught Spanish without being able to correctly say “Español.”

The first lady’s pronunciation was closer to that of Colombian capital “Bogotá” than the standard pronunciation “bow-day-guh.”

herb749

They are letting her leave Joe's side .? She is always right with him.

Don't all 1st ladies have some kind of issue they take on. It seems her's is taking care of her husband .

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
1657627488371.png

SamSpade

Like a handful of First Ladies - she would do a lot more for her image if she toned it down a little.

Lately, she's upstaging Joe in the stupid department.

Hessian

Dem strategy...faltering.
A) They have seen the numbers of Latino voters shifting to Republicans...this is alarming.
B) They know they can't send puddinghead Joe out in front of the microphones to mangle the message further...
C) Send out the semi-cogent Jill to be the voice (without decent preparation!)
D) Controversy....follows.

It's like sending Anthony Weiner out to get the Physical fitness crowd.

Last edited:

SamSpade

Dem strategy...faltering.
A) They have seen the numbers of Latino voters shifting to Republicans...this is alarming.
AND THIS should not be a surprise. My very best friend is Hispanic, and several of my extended family. I have yet to meet an Hispanic family that isn't traditional, socially conservative, religious, family oriented, strong family connections, patriotic. They band together in times of emergency or family need and form their own businesses.

Honestly? What surprised me was that they were ever Democratic. Everything the left despises is typically Hispanic culture.

GregV814

a family of racists.
and pedophiles
and drug addicts
and criminals

and, they do what Barack says.

Last edited:

SamSpade

a family of racists.
and pedophiles
and drug addicts
and criminals

and, the do what Barack says.

As STUPID as that was - I just give it a pass - because most politicians are rich people who don't shop for their groceries or pump their own gas.
I fully EXPECT politicians, rich people, celebrities to find that the lives most of us live are foreign to them.

On another note - the "Bodega Bro" making the rounds on the Internet - I cannot get how people find him OFFENSIVE. What he IS, is unexposed to life in large cities. He's naive. That doesn't make him racist or homophobic any more than a city person who goes to the country and finds things unusual makes them bad. It's only when they pass judgments on the differences that is offensive, and big city libs do this all the time.

SamSpade

Who knew dementia was contagious?
I think it still kind of pisses me off that these types can say stuff like "Latinx" and "bow-get-as" and mangle Spanish - but somehow fool THEMSELVES *and* their followers that they're in touch with the people.

You know when some - old - person tries to sound cool around high school age kids and has NO IDEA that what they're saying is wrong, already outdated, idiotic - and the kids roll their eyes and giggle?

This is the political equivalent of that. The laughable ignorance that plays to their equally ignorant base.

Reactions: BOP