Real, memorex, or a state of mind?

seekeroftruth

Revelation 18:1 After this I saw another angel coming down from heaven. He had great authority, and the earth was illuminated by his splendor. 2 With a mighty voice he shouted:
“‘Fallen! Fallen is Babylon the Great!’
She has become a dwelling for demons
and a haunt for every impure spirit,
a haunt for every unclean bird,
a haunt for every unclean and detestable animal.
3 For all the nations have drunk
the maddening wine of her adulteries.
The kings of the earth committed adultery with her,
and the merchants of the earth grew rich from her excessive luxuries.
”​

Here's the link to the commentary I used for these three verses.

Illuminated with his glory: This angel coming down from heaven is so “fresh” from God’s presence that he glows. “So recently has he come from the Presence (of God) that in passing he flings a broad belt of light across the dark earth.” (Swete)​
Babylon the great is fallen, is fallen: He announces that Babylon is fallen, fallen and the phrase is “repeated like a solemn dirge of the damned.” (Robertson)​

Become a dwelling place of demons: A sad fate for a once-great city. This is “a prophetic picture of absolute desolation where the proud achievements of man become the demonic haunts of unclean and horrible creatures.” (Mounce)​

Abundance of her luxury: Babylon’s sin was not only idolatry (referred to with the term fornication), but also pride, greed, and selfishly held wealth.​
Is the fall of Babylon real or memorex?

Is this the fall of a great city, or is this the fall of a " Babylonian state of mind"?

Are these verses about the city that Hussain wanted to rebuild to its former Babylonian glory, or about the old Babylon that actually existed? Remember, Daniel was castrated, had a ring put through his nose that was connected to a chain, attached to other prisoners, and he was taken to Babylonia. That happened in the Old Testament. Now... An angel glowing with the latest news from God's War Room... is announcing the fall of Babylon in the New Testament.

Does Babylon exist in the future? Is Babylon around today? Will the fall of Babylon be real or memorex?

Yesterday a ship ran into the Frances Scott Key Bridge in Baltimore. My first thought was "sabotage". My second thought was "terrorist". My third thought was "war". It's gotta start somewhere.

What a shame... just a few years ago, I would have worried about the crew on the ship as well as the crew filling potholes on the bridge who are still missing as I write this. Now.... Horrid thoughts of sabotage, terrorism, and war come to mind first.

If the Babylon in Revelation is memorex, well someone has already started playing the tape. If the Babylon in Revelation is going to be rebuilt... in real time... I guess we'll have some time before Jesus returns. Just rebuilding a mile and a half of bridge will take months. Rebuilding the economic hub of the world, and letting all the demons in, will take a lot longer.

Maybe the Babylon in Revelation is describing is really just the "Babylonian state of mind". After all, the earth as we know it, by the time we get to Revelation 18, is pretty much gone. There have been meteors, earthquakes, and volcanic eruptions that moved mountains and dunked some islands while creating more. People have been hiding in caves by the time we get to Revelation 18. The people are suffering from boils. The people have been bitten by bugs that made them wish they were dead. They are hangry. They can't get a clean glass of water. They can't really breathe. On top of that, they have had their peace stolen, so they are mean and ready to strike.

Is it real or memorex? Is it real or is it a state of mind?

Is this about the demise of a city because of its depravity? Or ....

Is this about the demise of the "Babylonian State of Mind"? After all, Jesus and His 144,000 troops are ready for the battle.

Heaven has great food, crystal clean water, and plenty of fresh air. After all, it's Heaven.

The earth... in these verses.... have had a "Babylonian State of Mind". When Jesus comes back... all the meanness will be defeated.

Is it real or is it memorex or is it a "state of mind"?

:coffee: