Really can't make stuff this up. But they did.

nobody really

I need a nap
If I may:
You need to get a life.

If it were that easy to get a letter to say you weren't driving the vehicle, i'm sure a lot of people would try to beat it. I'm sure they get thousands of letters disputing the citation, all valid, all sworn.

I know 3 people who tried it, and lost. Good luck. I've gotten a few, who cares, slow the eff down in school zones, it doesn't go on your insurance.

But maybe i need to get a life this post is from aug 2019

glhs837

Power with Control
If I may...

Well, one does not physically have to "appear in court ". Just by doing with MD Law says:
TITLE 21 - VEHICLE LAWS - RULES OF THE ROAD
Subtitle 8 - Speed Restrictions
Section 21-809 - Citations based on speed monitoring systems.

(3) To satisfy the evidentiary burden under paragraph (1)(ii) of this subsection, the person named in the citation shall provide to the District Court a letter, sworn to or affirmed by the person and mailed by certified mail, return receipt requested, that:
(i) States that the person named in the citation was not operating the vehicle at the time of the violation; and
(ii) Includes any other corroborating evidence.

I have done it and never had to appear in court. One is just contesting via USPS by certified mail, return receipt requested. If, I am guessing, that the court, or whomever reads your letter, doesn't believe it, then a court date may be set. But I doubt it. The court system would be overloaded.

So where was that?

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

So where was that?
Where was what?

If I may:
You need to get a life.

If it were that easy to get a letter to say you weren't driving the vehicle, i'm sure a lot of people would try to beat it. I'm sure they get thousands of letters disputing the citation, all valid, all sworn.

I know 3 people who tried it, and lost. Good luck. I've gotten a few, who cares, slow the eff down in school zones, it doesn't go on your insurance.

But maybe i need to get a life this post is from aug 2019
I've got a life. As it was, someone was driving one of my cars. I wrote the letter, denying driving said vehicle, and I DID NOT reveal who was driving. Never heard from them again. I fight "government" till I win or lose. Maybe if everyone did the same, those f*ck faces in government would stop harassing we the people and nickle and dimeing us.

glhs837

Power with Control
If I may ...

Where was what?

The county/city where you just wrote them a letter and they never came back looking for money... There was a short time period in I think PG where they had a loophole, since closed where that might have worked, but that was I three or more years ago.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

The county/city where you just wrote them a letter and they never came back looking for money... There was a short time period in I think PG where they had a loophole, since closed where that might have worked, but that was I three or more years ago.
Chesapeake Beach