Really? Come on now!

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
Lead story on the Today show this am was the release, and ensuing media frenzy, of the release of 24,000 pages of Palin's emails from when she was guv. Must be a slow news day or just another media driven witch hunt. I've stated before, I'm no fan of hers so I fail to see the fascination the MSM has with her.

SamSpade

You and me both. I can't see the basic obsession the left has, over her. To me it's like the press trying to kill the career of Steve Gutenberg. Who cares?

But what I find the most disturbing is that newspapers like the Washington Post and New York Times are part of this. Not surprising, just disturbing. I'd expect MoveOn or the HuffPo to do it - but not two of the country's two most influential newspapers. How can they even suggest they aren't blatantly partisan? I mean, it's already kind of pathetic. Are we next going to hear about sifting through garbage?

Pete

Repete
She is a public darling of the rightwing persuasion. The leftist media knows she is evil and they must prove it. They have likely dispatched an army of staffers to pour through the boxes of emails to find any iota to prove what they know is fact.

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
Sarah said something like "eh let em have at it". She has no skeletons and is laughing her ass of at the liberals. Good for her.

bcp

In My Opinion
I would be hard pressed to vote for her, it would have to be due to her being the only option other than another 4 years of the coming of Christ 2.

What it makes me wonder, did obama bail out these news networks without the public knowledge and is he calling the shots one what they print and what angle they take when they print it?

bcp

In My Opinion
The more the Left loses their mind over her, the more I like Sarah Palin. :yay:

That and the way she takes the BS from the left with grace and style. If nothing else I think they are working hard to prove how much class she really has and how good she might be at negotiating with people that might no like us or her as much as we would hope.

I don't think she is presidential material, but I can say nothing bad about her character.

BOP

That and the way she takes the BS from the left with grace and style. If nothing else I think they are working hard to prove how much class she really has and how good she might be at negotiating with people that might no like us or her as much as we would hope.

I don't think she is presidential material, but I can say nothing bad about her character.

There was a thread around here about what is presidential material.

I think it's a blast that a small-town girl from Alaska, with a journalism degree from, what? Montana or similar - i.e. not the Ivies, baby-ivies, or otherwise elitist-approved Marxest liberal talking-head factories - confounds and outwits said elites at every turn. :yahoo:

ImnoMensa

Now the Journalists are asking questions like"why werent the names and addresses and phone numbers in the emails redacted"..

As far as we know nothing was redacted. They are all out there to be viewed,and so far it has backfired badly on those who were digging for dirt.

I cannot wait to see the Documentary that is being made about sarah.

Of course another puke is making another documentary attacking her, I think I will pass on that one. No it's not Micheael Moore, it's some other pr!ck, hoping to make a buck off the liberals.

Lurk

Happy Creepy Ass Cracka
Well, its seems one media outlet has found something scandalous in the Palin e-mails.

Sarah Palin emails: Enemies sent a series of death threats - Telegraph

Sarah Palin emails: Enemies sent a series of death threats

Oh, I'm sure its just the typical incompetence of our country's MSM as to why they have bothered to report the only findings yet. Of course the British Papers aren't exactly known for being objective and do lean liberal themselves.

Plus, this is old news. We already knew that the wingnuts out there were sending threatening e-mails even before McCain tapped her for the V.P. slot.

Lead story on the Today show this am was the release, and ensuing media frenzy, of the release of 24,000 pages of Palin's emails from when she was guv. Must be a slow news day or just another media driven witch hunt. I've stated before, I'm no fan of hers so I fail to see the fascination the MSM has with her.

I guess I'm just lucky. The only time I ever hear about Sarah Palin anymore is when people make threads here in the forums - either deriding or criticizing her, or lamenting how much she gets derided or criticized by the media (or, more generally, how much attention it pays to her).

As to why she apparently gets so much attention from some media outlets, I'd guess the answer is pretty simple - because paying attention to her is good for ratings. A lot of people apparently love to mock and/or attack her (and thus pay attention when media sources mock and/or attack her), and a lot of people seem to like to defend her when she is mocked and/or attacked. I'd guess that the media follows all things Sarah because a large number of people pay attention when it follows all things Sarah. My hunch - and it's little more than a hunch - is that she's not an unwilling or unappreciative subject of the attention.

When it comes to the oft-identified liberal obsession with her, that dynamic is fairly easy to understand as well. Liberals don't fear her as an opposition candidate as much as they fear other potential candidates. They want attention to be placed on her. They want to inspire affection for her among the Republican base. They pray (though perhaps unsuccessfully) that she might somehow be the Republican candidate. I wouldn't say that she couldn't possibly beat President Obama - under the right circumstances, she could just as most any Republican candidate could - but she wouldn't have as good a chance as some others might. Mrs. Palin as a general election opponent would be a good development for President Obama.

In reality though, his fate will depend to a great degree on what's going on with the economy - or the general perception there of - 17 months from now. If the unemployment rate is 14%, whichever Republican is running against him will win. If the unemployment rate is 5%, he will beat whichever Republican is running against him. Who that Republican is will matter, but to a lesser degree.

SamSpade

When it comes to the oft-identified liberal obsession with her, that dynamic is fairly easy to understand as well. Liberals don't fear her as an opposition candidate as much as they fear other potential candidates. They want attention to be placed on her. They want to inspire affection for her among the Republican base. They pray (though perhaps unsuccessfully) that she might somehow be the Republican candidate.

It's possible some in the media feel that way, but in virtually every venue and all through my liberal co-workers, they've had this knee-jerk hatred of her that makes any conservative dislike of Hillary pale in comparison, and they've had it since the 2008 campaign.

I absolutely see this in comment threads at say, the HuffPo or any other liberal outlet I go to.

Think of it. Who else would inspire two major newspapers asking for help from citizens to sift through her email in hopes of finding something? Can you remember anyone else getting this kind of hatred? I admit, at the height of the Lewinsky scandal, you could have done this with Clinton, but by then he'd been PRESIDENT for 6 years. Sarah hasn't been in office in two and was only governor for less than two.

Journalist, upset with the fact that she won't provide them with an itinerary are frantically following her about - and complain that their obsessive following her causes traffic jams, and she should comply with their wishes.

Seriously, it's almost funny.

It's possible some in the media feel that way, but in virtually every venue and all through my liberal co-workers, they've had this knee-jerk hatred of her that makes any conservative dislike of Hillary pale in comparison, and they've had it since the 2008 campaign.

I absolutely see this in comment threads at say, the HuffPo or any other liberal outlet I go to.

Think of it. Who else would inspire two major newspapers asking for help from citizens to sift through her email in hopes of finding something? Can you remember anyone else getting this kind of hatred? I admit, at the height of the Lewinsky scandal, you could have done this with Clinton, but by then he'd been PRESIDENT for 6 years. Sarah hasn't been in office in two and was only governor for less than two.

Journalist, upset with the fact that she won't provide them with an itinerary are frantically following her about - and complain that their obsessive following her causes traffic jams, and she should comply with their wishes.

Seriously, it's almost funny.

I've little doubt that some people - perhaps even many people - hate Mrs. Palin. I've not suggested otherwise. But, that's not because most of them fear her as a Presidential candidate - at least, the smart money in the Democratic party doesn't.

If President Obama was given the choice right now to have Mrs. Palin as a general election opponent, or take his chances with an as yet unspecified Republican candidate, what do you think he'd choose? And, Chris Matthews - assuming he wants President Obama to be reelected - do you not think he'd like to see Mrs. Palin be President Obama's opponent?

They may loathe her. She may rub them the wrong way with every move she makes. They may wish her ill will and take visceral delight from the act of deriding her. But, they'd love to have her name appear beside President Obama's on the November 2012 ballot.

PsyOps

Pixelated

The left fears her. Anyone they go on the attack after, they fear.

SamSpade

I've little doubt that some people - perhaps even many people - hate Mrs. Palin. I've not suggested otherwise. But, that's not because most of them fear her as a Presidential candidate - at least, the smart money in the Democratic party doesn't.

Oh I don't think they fear her at all, and I agree, if they were thinking with their heads, they'd welcome a Palin candidacy. They're not. They've been seriously dogging this woman since 2008. I mean, come on. A guy moves in to the house next door just so he can peek and spy on them? Dozens of completely frivolous lawsuits - which eventually led to her leaving office - and an unending parade of lampooning her ever since her VP nomination.

Who else in recent history has LOST on the VP ticket and got anywhere near this kind of treatment?

As much as the right dislikes Obama, they've not done anything quite this severe. Frankly, I think it's almost funny. As I said the other day, it's like trying to sink the career of Steve Gutenberg because he might win the Oscar. Are you kidding me?

PsyOps

Pixelated
Oh I don't think they fear her at all...

Then I don't get why they would waste so many resources and time on someone they just simply hate. These people on the left do things with a purpose, and that's to win elections and gain power. Their prime MO is to dispense hate, lies, and vilify those who they deem to be the enemy to that end.

Otter

Nothing to see here

What's funny is that the MSM requested Obama's emails from his state senate days back when he was running...but somehow they are not to be found and the MSM said okey dokey. Very odd how that works.