Recent "The Atlantic" Story On Gun Control: Dems Need A New Massacre (Posted?)

Yooper

Up. Identified. Lase. Fire. On the way.
Recent "The Atlantic" Story On Gun Control: Dems Need A New Massacre? (Posted?)

Did this get posted here yet? If so I'll delete (or Admin?). If not, wow....

Democrats Are Newly Emboldened on Gun Control

Highlight:

The Democrats’ championing of gun reform is not currently a first-tier story, but a new massacre would likely make it so (although
the shooting deaths Wednesday of five people in a Florida bank has barely registered)
. Going forward, there will be a vocal counter-narrative
to the ritual Republican “thoughts and prayers,” and the U.S. Supreme Court’s decision this week to take a gun case that could expand
Second Amendment rights will further fuel the issue. But this time the Democrats, unlike their forebears in the recent past, will not
be firing blanks.

This is incredible. Literally hoping for a massacre to push a political agenda. This is so Left: "bodies for points."

As Josef Stalin said, "The death of one man is tragic, but the death of thousands is statistic." (Though I would imagine he would amend to, "useful statistic.")

What with moments-before-birth abortion, POST-BIRTH infanticide, and things like this article, how can one not believe the Democrats are the Party of Death, the real fascists, the real Nazis.

But The Wall is immoral...?

--- End of line (MCP)

Last edited:

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
one talking head [MSNBC I think] said after the Vegas Shooting ... something about Country Western Concert Go'ers being 'Conservatives or Republicans' and bnasically offered a :shrug:

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
As Josef Stalin said, "The death of one man is tragic, but the death of thousands is statistic." (Though I would imagine he would amend to, "useful statistic.")

Ole Josef was a funny guy. I like a lot of his quotes, like: "Dark humor is a lot like food. Not everybody gets it."