recommendations for a 12 yr old

onebdzee

off the shelf
My daughter is 12(13 in July)....she is 5'7" and 160lbs, most of which is in her chest(my mothers blessing to her), her butt(also my mother) and her stomach....she is in a size 9 in womens

Problem: She needs a summer wardrobe that doesn't make her look like a "old woman" or a "hoochy"....I don't like to shop online for her because of problems in the past with clothes not fitting properly and me sending them back or passing them on to someone else that is smaller

Any suggestions?

we've tried Target, Walmart, the Limited, JC Penny, etc.

meangirl

Nice lady!
onebdzee said:
My daughter is 12(13 in July)....she is 5'7" and 160lbs, most of which is in her chest(my mothers blessing to her), her butt(also my mother) and her stomach....she is in a size 9 in womens

Problem: She needs a summer wardrobe that doesn't make her look like a "old woman" or a "hoochy"....I don't like to shop online for her because of problems in the past with clothes not fitting properly and me sending them back or passing them on to someone else that is smaller

Any suggestions?

we've tried Target, Walmart, the Limited, JC Penny, etc.

Have you tried H&M? They have one at Arundel Mills Mall. My daughter was always able to find cute clothes there.

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
meangirl said:
Have you tried H&M? They have one at Arundel Mills Mall. My daughter was always able to find cute clothes there.
Also, have you looked at Old Navy? I haven't been in one in awhile, but they do have cute clothes. :yay:

onebdzee

off the shelf
meangirl said:

Haven't forced myself to go to the Mall yet(I would rather have my teeth pulled)....I will do it this weekend though....I could go to "build-a-bear" and get her some more clothes for her bear....Thanks:yay:

Nickel said:
Also, have you looked at Old Navy? I haven't been in one in awhile, but they do have cute clothes. :yay:

She doesn't like Old Navy for some reason....I personally love them

fttrsbeerwench

I have similar problems with my 8 year old. She is the tallest in her class and has developed WAAYYY to fast..
I can't find crap for her anywhere... :banghead:

CMC122

Go Braves!
Same problem with my 12 year old:howdy: Her boobs are bigger then mine were when I met my husband:faint:

It's god awful to go shopping for clothes for her. We usually end up getting t-shirts and stuff in the misses departments (because usually the material is better then the teen department) and pants in juniors. We've had the most luck at JC Penny's and Cato's. She absolutely loves Cato's:lol: There clothes definately appeal to a younger crowd, IMO:yay:

fredsaid2

Annapolis has a Hollister now, a little less pricy version of Abercrombie. There are a lot of knee length shorts out and looser fitting cargo type shorts, she might like those. Aeropostale has nice things for cheaper, especially Ts. Waldorf has Forever 21, lots of trendy clothes the girls seem to like. Sounds like you'll just have to resign yourself to a mall day, trying stuff on is the only way to go. Good luck!

Shannie0308

Kohl's and Fashion Bug have younger looking trendy clothes in womens sizes. I had this problem when I was a teenager, and my mom and I always felt good after leaving those stores.