Recommendations for deck cleaning / refinishing

koan00

Does anyone have any recommendations for a deck cleaning and refinishing service that operates in the Leonardtown area?

Thanks

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
I can't recommend a company, but I will say that hubby and I have done our deck a few times and it's easy. It takes a while though. We power wash the deck first, then seal it with a sprayer. It takes a good day or two to dry completely, but after it looks great!

DEEKAYPEE8569

I can't recommend a company, but I will say that hubby and I have done our deck a few times and it's easy. It takes a while though. We power wash the deck first, then seal it with a sprayer. It takes a good day or two to dry completely, but after it looks great!

:yeahthat:
If you have; or can borrow a power washer; that's pretty much all you have to do to clean your deck. Then; as Chasey said; get hold of one of those pump sprayers (that what you meant Chasey?) and water seal it. Waiting for our hot dry summers helps; since we usually don't get a whole lot of rain during the summer.....but I have said something NOW, so I'll be made a liar this year.....about the weather. :shrug:

BOP

:yeahthat:
If you have; or can borrow a power washer; that's pretty much all you have to do to clean your deck. Then; as Chasey said; get hold of one of those pump sprayers (that what you meant Chasey?) and water seal it. Waiting for our hot dry summers helps; since we usually don't get a whole lot of rain during the summer.....but I have said something NOW, so I'll be made a liar this year.....about the weather. :shrug:

Problem is with a power washer, it separates and damages the wood fibers, even if you're really careful. I know it's easier, but a scrub brush really is better in the long run.

zeerex99

I guess you can do a deck or house or anything for that matter yourself if you want. I've been doing this for almost 17 years. I've gone behind jobs done by other people, including home owners and many times the decks are torn up. Not saying that's the case here. You don't need a lot of pressure for a deck. You need flow and most washers at Lowes etc. just simply do not have the flow to do the job.

As far as treatment, I've learned over the years that hand application gives the best results. Every crack is thoroughly sealed or stained, no need to tape and mask off parts you don't want treated etc. I've seen tons of houses with the siding etc. oversprayed. It really doesn't take that much longer to do it right.

Good luck and take care!