Recommendations...

lovinmaryland

no lotion will get rid of them unfortunately. Mine never went away even though I used that shea butter stuff special for stretch marks when I was pregnant :sad:

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
Shouldn't you have been using some kind of lotion/butter from the get-go (when you first found out you were pregnant)?

The stretch marks are alrady there. It would have been better to minimize/elminate them from happening in the first place.

PJumper

Can anyone recommend a good cream/lotion/etc for stretchmarks??

mine are just :jameo:

Pssst! Hey guys, those creams and lotions, as expensive as they are, is not gonna fix it. You'll see your hard earned $$$ just evaporating away. In the long run, even with alimony and child support, it's is cheaper to just get a new wife. LOL

Shouldn't you have been using some kind of lotion/butter from the get-go (when you first found out you were pregnant)?

The stretch marks are alrady there. It would have been better to minimize/elminate them from happening in the first place.

Yep, the moisturizers are supposed to be used to help the skin more "elastic" before the damage occurs. Once the damage occurs, it does not go back to the way it was before... think of it as blowing up a balloon... at first the balloon is a tight rubber material. Once you blow it up and stretch it, even after you let the air out, it is never the way it was before being stretched.

libertytyranny

Dream Stealer
:huggy:

Right there with you friend. But there is no way to prevent them, no matter what you put on them, (or what anyone without stretch marks says, they have very little to do with your outer layer of skin, where lotion touches) and no way to get rid of them save cutting them off.

but the palmers cocoa butter tummy butter smells nice and makes you feel like you're doing something when you put it on :killingme

the only thing shown to have any effect (other than time) is retin a..which you cant use if you are nursing, but if you arent it has been shown to reduce the redness and length of them by a little bit.

Pete

Repete
Yep, the moisturizers are supposed to be used to help the skin more "elastic" before the damage occurs. Once the damage occurs, it does not go back to the way it was before... think of it as blowing up a balloon... at first the balloon is a tight rubber material. Once you blow it up and stretch it, even after you let the air out, it is never the way it was before being stretched.

I've never seen a wrinkled baloon. :confused:

Sweet 16

^^8^^
If you don't want stretch marks, don't get fat or pregnant! Some women are lucky and their skin is more elastic than others but billions of women throughout the ages have lived with them and survived. They will fade over time but nothing short of cosmetic surgery will ever make them go away completely. Lotions and creams are great for your skin but you're wasting your money trying to get rid of stretch marks.

Yep. used it throughout my whole pregnancy...still got bright red strech marks at around 8 months. Thanks for the recommendation. :coffee:

Yep. used it throughout my whole pregnancy...still got bright red strech marks at around 8 months. Thanks for the recommendation. :coffee:

If you don't want stretch marks, don't get fat or pregnant! Some women are lucky and their skin is more elastic than others but billions of women throughout the ages have lived with them and survived. They will fade over time but nothing short of cosmetic surgery will ever make them go away completely. Lotions and creams are great for your skin but you're wasting your money trying to get rid of stretch marks.
Thanks for the recommendation. :coffee:

There's the solution ladies! Stay pregnant! As long as it is inflated, no stretch marks!
got bright red strech marks at around 8 months. Thanks for the recommendation. :coffee:

StrawberryGal

Sweet and Innocent
Eh... Wish I could help ya, girl. I know eating healthy and right food during pregnancy would've helped that. Try eating healthy food such as fruits and veggies.

Wenchy

Hot Flash
Stretch Marks

WR. They fade on their own. If you gained a lot of weight during the pregnancy don't lose too quickly.

Moisturizing is important but won't prevent or get rid of stretch marks.

Enjoy your baby and don't worry about the stretch marks.

My sister had twins (7lbs/each) her stomach was a damn road map. 11 years later she is wearing a bikini and no stretch marks are visible.

StrawberryGal

Sweet and Innocent
WR. They fade on their own. If you gained a lot of weight during the pregnancy don't lose too quickly.

My sister had twins (7lbs/each) her stomach was a damn road map. 11 years later she is wearing a bikini and no stretch marks are visible.

Where's a "like" button? I keep finding "like" button on this forum! :lmao:

pelers

Yep, it just takes time! I think I only got one or two stretch marks while pregnant, at the very end. Out popped the baby and OMG! My poor belly :( I suddenly had tons of them, all huge, all bright red/purple. :yikes:

It's been almost 6 months now and a lot of them have faded back to that whitish scar color, the rest are pinkish. Couple still look mildly angry, but I imagine that'll fade eventually.

I sporadically use some of the Palmer's stuff now. I used it several times a day the whole time pregnant, fat lot of good it did! It's allegedly genetic as to whether or not you'll get stretch marks. (My mother doesn't have any, and it's just not a question I want to ask my dad :jet: ) All has to do with skin elasticity.

Maybe next time if we just spend our whole pregnancies laying in a tub of Palmers...

Yep, it just takes time! I think I only got one or two stretch marks while pregnant, at the very end. Out popped the baby and OMG! My poor belly :( I suddenly had tons of them, all huge, all bright red/purple. :yikes:

It's been almost 6 months now and a lot of them have faded back to that whitish scar color, the rest are pinkish. Couple still look mildly angry, but I imagine that'll fade eventually.

I sporadically use some of the Palmer's stuff now. I used it several times a day the whole time pregnant, fat lot of good it did! It's allegedly genetic as to whether or not you'll get stretch marks. (My mother doesn't have any, and it's just not a question I want to ask my dad :jet: ) All has to do with skin elasticity.

Maybe next time if we just spend our whole pregnancies laying in a tub of Palmers...

My stomach looks like it was attacked by some sort of large mammal that had no mercy. :cds: