Reconfiguring the SC

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
The whining has started with the calls of adding enough Justices to give the left an edge or rotating judges up from a lower court. Given 250 years of time to second guess the Constitutions writers anyone got any ideas on reconfiguring?

herb749

Its still a 5-4 court with Roberts joining the 4 group. Some of these nut cases should realize the court can't do a thing unless there are cases brought before them.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
From the left's goddess:

"Nine [Justices] seems to be a good number. It's been that way for a long time," she said, adding, "I think it was a bad idea when President Franklin Roosevelt tried to pack the court."

Roosevelt's proposal would have given him six additional Supreme Court appointments, expanding the court to 15 members. And Ginsburg sees any similar plan as very damaging to the court and the country.

"If anything would make the court look partisan," she said, "it would be that — one side saying, 'When we're in power, we're going to enlarge the number of judges, so we would have more people who would vote the way we want them to.' "

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
They don't give a damn what she says unless it fits their radical agenda. Look how they have trashed MLK Jr. All of that "content of your character" they exhibit. :rolleyes:
They were beating the hell out of her "dying wish" though. :lol:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Here's what Trump ought to do right after he wins and the GOP takes full control of congress.

Since the democrats want it so bad.................................................................................PACK THE COURT!

Agree. In fact, Trump should start talking about it right now.

"The Democrats have brought up an interesting point, so after I win re-election I'll be working with my GOP majority Senate to add Justices to the Supreme Court."

Imagine THAT screaming. :lol:

herb749

From the left's goddess:

"Nine [Justices] seems to be a good number. It's been that way for a long time," she said, adding, "I think it was a bad idea when President Franklin Roosevelt tried to pack the court."

Roosevelt's proposal would have given him six additional Supreme Court appointments, expanding the court to 15 members. And Ginsburg sees any similar plan as very damaging to the court and the country.

"If anything would make the court look partisan," she said, "it would be that — one side saying, 'When we're in power, we're going to enlarge the number of judges, so we would have more people who would vote the way we want them to.' "

The citizens back then didn't like it so Roosevelt didn't do it. It won't fly again.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
So I've given it a little thought, I'd go with 15 justices with a selection of 5 per case. I'm thinking that it would would add some randomness to the cases. Instead of 5 conservatives against 4 liberals it could end up being 5 conservatives and 0 libs or 4 libs and 1 conservative.