Record Release Forms

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
I recently switched from Dr Miller to Dr Sheth. My kids have an appointment for check-ups on May 19th. I'm going to fill out a Record Release Form so they can request both kid's records from Dr Miller's office. Generally, how long does it take for the new doctor to get the records from the old doctor?

Reason I'm asking is because I was given a form that the kid's doctor needs to fill out so my youngest can attend Kindergarten. I am curious if it would just be easier to drop it off at Miller's since he was the one who has the records or wait for Sheth to get the records and have him fill it out. Sheth is a heck of alot closer to us than Miller too.

TIA!!

lovinmaryland

I recently switched from Dr Miller to Dr Sheth. My kids have an appointment for check-ups on May 19th. I'm going to fill out a Record Release Form so they can request both kid's records from Dr Miller's office. Generally, how long does it take for the new doctor to get the records from the old doctor?

Reason I'm asking is because I was given a form that the kid's doctor needs to fill out so my youngest can attend Kindergarten. I am curious if it would just be easier to drop it off at Miller's since he was the one who has the records or wait for Sheth to get the records and have him fill it out. Sheth is a heck of alot closer to us than Miller too.

TIA!!

It took FOREVER to get mine from Dr. Millers office. But I really think that was in part because they were trying to piss me off. I had complained about the rude staff there etc... and told them I was switching.

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
It took FOREVER to get mine from Dr. Millers office. But I really think that was in part because they were trying to piss me off. I had complained about the rude staff there etc... and told them I was switching.

I'm thinking of just having Miller fill out the form and then do the transfer at a later date. I really want to get the form back to the school before they let out for the summer. I've got until after school starts in the Fall but I'm not a prograstinator. I'd rather get it done now than trying to remember to do it later on.

Miller doesn't know I switched. I didn't bother wasting my time complaining because it really seemed like they wouldn't care anyways. The one time I did take action was when I waited for almost 2 hrs after my scheduled appt and still hadn't been seen. I just walked out. They called my house while I was enroute back there and asked why. Ever since then, I didn't have to wait very long but I also started getting appts for right after they re-opened after lunch so I knew they wouldn't be backed up.

lovinmaryland

I'm thinking of just having Miller fill out the form and then do the transfer at a later date. I really want to get the form back to the school before they let out for the summer. I've got until after school starts in the Fall but I'm not a prograstinator. I'd rather get it done now than trying to remember to do it later on.

Miller doesn't know I switched. I didn't bother wasting my time complaining because it really seemed like they wouldn't care anyways. The one time I did take action was when I waited for almost 2 hrs after my scheduled appt and still hadn't been seen. I just walked out. They called my house while I was enroute back there and asked why. Ever since then, I didn't have to wait very long but I also started getting appts for right after they re-opened after lunch so I knew they wouldn't be backed up.

They/He doesnt care. I had 4 children there and was so sick of the wait and the RUDE staff that I couldnt take it anymore. Even complaining to Mrs. Miller did no good. So I figured why stay somewhere that they obviously didnt care about my children or their business practices.

You would think a large household w/ 4 young children that need to be seen regularlly one a newborn that they would want to keep the business. Nope. I think they just get people in for awhile til they leave and new batch comes in.

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
They/He doesnt care. I had 4 children there and was so sick of the wait and the RUDE staff that I couldnt take it anymore. Even complaining to Mrs. Miller did no good. So I figured why stay somewhere that they obviously didnt care about my children or their business practices.

You would think a large household w/ 4 young children that need to be seen regularlly one a newborn that they would want to keep the business. Nope. I think they just get people in for awhile til they leave and new batch comes in.

I agree completely with your entire post. My oldest was sick on and off for about 6 months. They would never see him, just called in a prescription. I went to Dr Sheth and found out that he had bronchitis and strep throat. Plus Sheth's office called a few days after seeing him to check on how he was doing. Plus Miller stopped letting you make an appt in advance. You had to call closer to when you wanted an appt and hope they had one available.

sanchezf

Little ol' Me
Speaking of Dr. Miller I took my son there Wednesday for Very sore throat, stuffed sinus, puff eyes and lips and an on-going headache. They did a strep test. Quickie came back negative and haven't gotten results for long process yet. Needless to say he is still sick, has missed Wed, Thur and was picked up from school early today. I even called back and asked for soemthing to make him feel better and was told NO...

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
Speaking of Dr. Miller I took my son there Wednesday for Very sore throat, stuffed sinus, puff eyes and lips and an on-going headache. They did a strep test. Quickie came back negative and haven't gotten results for long process yet. Needless to say he is still sick, has missed Wed, Thur and was picked up from school early today. I even called back and asked for soemthing to make him feel better and was told NO...

I lucked out and got really healthy kids. The first time I had a sickling on my hands, I got no help from Miller. I should have known better when he asked me a rather rude question when I was interviewing him for a pediatrician when I was pregnant with my first. I'm not sure if I could post the question without getting in trouble but it had to do with my boobs. I didn't think he needed to know the answer seeing that he was a pediatrician and not an OB/GYN doctor.

sunflower

Loving My Life...
What's the wait time in his office like for Dr Sheth? I'm with Dhillion and I can't stand waiting an hour to be seen and to be rushed out.. And these appt. were just routine shots. I refuse to do it again with the next one coming..

Last edited:

lovinmaryland

I agree completely with your entire post. My oldest was sick on and off for about 6 months. They would never see him, just called in a prescription. I went to Dr Sheth and found out that he had bronchitis and strep throat. Plus Sheth's office called a few days after seeing him to check on how he was doing. Plus Miller stopped letting you make an appt in advance. You had to call closer to when you wanted an appt and hope they had one available.

I will say that is the one thing that I did like about him... that he would call in prescriptions. The pediatrician we have now does not do that for anything!!! Its all about the billing the insurance you know :rolleyes:

sanchezf

Little ol' Me
I lucked out and got really healthy kids. The first time I had a sickling on my hands, I got no help from Miller. I should have known better when he asked me a rather rude question when I was interviewing him for a pediatrician when I was pregnant with my first. I'm not sure if I could post the question without getting in trouble but it had to do with my boobs. I didn't think he needed to know the answer seeing that he was a pediatrician and not an OB/GYN doctor.

Thank god mine is pretty healthy too, this is the first time he has been sick all winter..
I don't like his bedside manner either and it seems to be getting worse...

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
What's the wait time in his office like for Dr Sheth? I'm with Dhillion and I can't stand waiting an hour to be seen and to be rushed out.. And these appt. were just routine shots. I refuse to do it again with the next one coming..

I've only been to his office once and it seemed like there was no wait time at all. I was still filling out forms when they called our name. The staff is ALOT nicer than Miller's crew. His exam rooms are themed too. We were in the Star Wars room. It was really cool. Alot more comforting than the sterile rooms at Miller's office.

surfer1

Well there may be a wait but I find that they never refuse a sick child. I think his practice(miller's) is larger than the other docs so it is harder to have an empty waiting room! They seem to be there really late compared to other practices. Maybe the staff isn't rude so much as maybe they are tired!

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
:mad: I could have sworn that I read on here somewhere that if you ask your new doctor to get the medical records transferred to their office, they didn't charge. If you asked for it yourself, you were charged a fee per page. Well, I just got a bill from Dr Miller's office saying it will cost me $64 to have my two son's records transferred to Dr Sheth. I went and filled out the form at Sheth's office on Tuesday to avoid all this.

Oh well, paying $64 to get away from Miller is worth it.

happy_bee4

Going back to the stars
:mad: I could have sworn that I read on here somewhere that if you ask your new doctor to get the medical records transferred to their office, they didn't charge. If you asked for it yourself, you were charged a fee per page. Well, I just got a bill from Dr Miller's office saying it will cost me $64 to have my two son's records transferred to Dr Sheth. I went and filled out the form at Sheth's office on Tuesday to avoid all this.

Oh well, paying $64 to get away from Miller is worth it.

They can charge their fee to anyone requesting medical records which is the usual per page cost and they also have 30 days to send the records. I'm sure some places will do it with no fees involved, but if you were switching to another local doctor, they probably charged just to get what they could.