Recount in Florida.

This_person

As much as I cringe at that thought, I equally cringe at how Bush handled it. Here we are 18 years later still at war. Bush got us into a huge mess. He did very little to WIN. He a lot to get us into a quagmire of pick-and-chase rather than destroy.

I had similar thoughts. Can you imagine if it had been Gore? We might have gotten a whole new department created into the federal government, passed and kept endless new laws curtailing the unalienable rights of citizens, had all new rules on how the government could track even citizens (let alone foreigners), etc., etc. It would have been HORRIBLE!

He never should have gotten us into Iraq. I am frustrated that I still have to watch folks I work with deploy into that region.

I'm quite certain you are wrong on this. President Obama told us how he got us out of Iraq, so I'm sure he wasn't lying, and we are now out of Iraq.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
The solution to Afghanistan would have been to nuke the place ....

nukes are too messy [fallout and such] Persistent VX Nerve Gas .....

.... followed by using the country as a toxic and nuclear waste dumping ground, roll the barrels out the back of a C-130 at 20,000 feet

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
I had similar thoughts. Can you imagine if it had been Gore? We might have gotten a whole new department created into the federal government, passed and kept endless new laws curtailing the unalienable rights of citizens, had all new rules on how the government could track even citizens (let alone foreigners), etc., etc. It would have been HORRIBLE!

Not at all.... We'd have just surrendered and apologized for being America.

PsyOps

Pixelated
Lay that blame equally... all around.

The solution to Afghanistan would have been to nuke the place into a giant glowing wasteland and be done with it but no one has the intestinal fortitude to do so.

I have said this too many times in this forum that, we (the people of this country) have lost the stomach for how to fight and win wars. You have to kill people and destroy things. Utterly kill people and destroy things until the enemy comes crawling on their knees begging us to stop. I just can't put into proper words how Bush so badly screwed up fighting this war when he was president. We are where we are because he didn't have the stomach to fight it to win.