Redecorating the motorhome

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
The only issue is we never use it. The genny runs off of the engine gas tank. Knowing we would be parked stationary for 4 months, I purposely let the tank run low. This way I didn't have a tank full of old gasoline when it came time to hit the road again. Leaving out of here, I fill up at a place a few blocks from us and life is good. Our weather event last month was a freak 1 off occurrence. I'm not someone that won't get something replaced that's busted. But I like to get some bang for my buck, so spending money on something I'm not gonna use to me is a waste. I still have 3 months in case I want to change my mind.
I still don't get it. We kept the genny in our Winnebago running for a decade without more than the most basic service (oil and air filter), simply by making sure we ran it occasionally. There is no "cost" involved...

We have 6 gennys here at the compound..two mounted on trucks, Same deal...just run them all on occasion and change the oil every once in a great while.

And btw...issues with gasoline are far less when you keep the tank full and don't leave a big volume of air in the tank for the volatile components to go play in. and the moisture to go make loves with the ethanol.

gemma_rae

That is Kokopelli, a Hopi fertility god who also represents music. He is a symbol of the southwest and is on everything in NM and AZ.

The pillows will be for decoration and personality, since everything else will be neutral solid. I'm also going to do a patterned fabric for the dinette cushions. If I end up going Southwestern, I'll have the Kokopelli throw pillows and the leather pillows to accent them.
In this same theme, I was reading an old thread about the ladies on here getting lots of unwanted dick pics. Why don't you ask them to forward them to you and just hang walls of dick pics with an occasional intermittent flute picture? A dick pic wearing a sombrero would be a good southwestern flair!

P.S.
Forgot this --->:killingme

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
We just had our two trifold sleeper sofas reupholstered, and they turned out great. They were only a few months old and in perfect condition, but I hated the color so had it switched to something more suitable. I have a nice beautiful rug in there now, and curtains that I haven't yet installed.

I feel like our RV is really comfy and reflects my style.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
And btw...issues with gasoline are far less when you keep the tank full and don't leave a big volume of air in the tank for the volatile components to go play in. and the moisture to go make loves with the ethanol.
Agree. And if 'stale' gas is an issue, fill the tank before you park and add some stabilizer and run it into the carbs. A tank of gas won't go bad in 6 months even without the stabilizer. Takes a lot longer than that.

If it doesn't have one, add a fuel shutoff valve to the genny. Turn off the tap and run the genny dry before extended periods of non-use.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Agree. And if 'stale' gas is an issue, fill the tank before you park and add some stabilizer and run it into the carbs. A tank of gas won't go bad in 6 months even without the stabilizer. Takes a lot longer than that.

Exactly. A completely full tank of gas will last a long time..even longer with something like Stabil 360 in it. A nearly empty tank of gas is nothing but a recipe for disaster over even a short period of time.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
It's hard not to get started. I want to wait until we get the flooring in and all the nitnoid repairs done before I start redecorating. I have a bunch of stuff picked out and a scheme in mind.....