Redken Curve Shaper

camily

Peace
Has anyone tried this? My stylist is recommending it and I think I'm going to do it this week but was hoping to get some feedback first. I have moderately curly hair and it has a mind of its own. I'm going for the "urban curl". Don't know why its named that because there's nothing urban about it. Supposed to get rid of frizz and sculp the curls I have so they're not so unruly. It takes 3 to 4 hrs though.

B

BET

camily said:
Has anyone tried this? My stylist is recommending it and I think I'm going to do it this week but was hoping to get some feedback first. I have moderately curly hair and it has a mind of its own. I'm going for the "urban curl". Don't know why its named that because there's nothing urban about it. Supposed to get rid of frizz and sculp the curls I have so they're not so unruly. It takes 3 to 4 hrs though.

Haven't tried it myself but please follow up and let us know how it turns out. I have natural curl too and would love something to combat the summer time frizzies. If you like the treatment please let us know where you got it done and how much.

camily

Peace
Haven't tried it myself but please follow up and let us know how it turns out. I have natural curl too and would love something to combat the summer time frizzies. If you like the treatment please let us know where you got it done and how much.

I'm going at Ed at Studio M in La Plata. I think it runs about $150. Here's a link to an article from the paper about him.
SoMdNews.com: Hair today, and tomorrow for local stylist

here's a youtube link
Shape Control - YouTube

pelers

I'd suggest reading some reviews on it. They aren't great :ohwell: Lot of people complaining the curls one didn't work after shampooing it or that their hair texture is completely changed (in a bad way).

mamaof1

Ummm - not so much....

I'd suggest reading some reviews on it. They aren't great :ohwell: Lot of people complaining the curls one didn't work after shampooing it or that their hair texture is completely changed (in a bad way).

I'm pretty bold when it comes to trying new things and I will try just about anything on my outta control curls, but after reading reviews... I wouldn't touch this stuff.

There are alot of OTC styling products that will combat the summer frizzies. And what I have noticed (with my hair) is that what worked last summer may not necessarily work this summer.

I actually just found the cheapest walmart mousse that works better than any $20 bottle has EVER worked in my hair.. and it doesn't leave it sticky or crunchy - love it. Salon Graphics - & it's only $3.00!

camily

Peace
I've read the reviews but I also know some people are just complainers. Not saying they're wrong by any means though. People are just more likely to post negative results than positive ones. That's why I thought I'd ask here and hear from "real" people.